Podcast App

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Paul Thurrott is posting that there's going to be a new Podcast App in light of the deprecation of the Music + Videos app. Makes sense, I REALLY hope this is a upgrade over current functionality. Also would love it if this app had a Windows 8 counterpart as well.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you. "Windows Weekly" with Paul Thurrott, Mary Jo Foley and Leo Laporte would be the first podcast I'd grab with the new app if it's available.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The built in podcast features of the existing Music + Videos App works great. The only logical reason to replace something so good, with a new App, would be to offer the exact same features plus more, right?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The built in podcast features of the existing Music + Videos App works great. The only logical reason to replace something so good, with a new App, would be to offer the exact same features plus more, right?
I know there are folks who are not in the US who have issues with podcasts. Hopefully the new app will solve those problems for people in other countries.

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't call it great. A lot of podcasts are missing from the store and it's basically US only. The ability to add rss feeds would be big, plus more reliable downloads and remembering playback progress better. It's nice that Windows has a first party app, but it's not as good as the old Zune app used to be.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Ronaldo Fernandes

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I cannot comment on the native podcast app at WP 8 at it is unavailable to me as well as any other user outside the US. However, the best podcast clients listed on the marketplace are good but not up to the functionality of their counterparts on iOS or Android. In part because of the limitations of Windows Phone OS but also because they aren't as madure as some of the options available on those platforms. As such, a podcast app provided by Microsoft is very welcomed, especially if it includes international users. Even if it is not as feature full as I would like, it will certainly work as an incentive to the other app developers to step up their game.

Sportacus11

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
If I can get access to a full Podcast store/App natively, I might consider switching from PODCASTS!, but honestly this app is kind of growing on me..

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Sportacus11

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
If I can get access to a full Podcast store/App natively, I might consider switching from PODCASTS!, but honestly this app is kind of growing on me..

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softradix