Favorite WP8.1 Feature

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so here post what your favorite feature or features that are coming in WP8.1. I'm not doing a poll because it would include a LOT of options. So instead, post a comment on what your favorite 8.1 feature/features are!

As for me, my favorite features are the action/notification center, Cortana, MUCH improved ie11 with html5 video support, and the ability to mirror WP screens to TVs and/or monitors. (I hope it can do it to the Xbox one too, like Apple products with the apple TV)

BTW, if you haven't looked at all the 8.1 features yet (not all are confirmed, and there may be more that isn't on that list), check out the article the bloggers posted. :)
http://www.windowscentral.com/developers-leak-new-features-windows-phone-81-sdk

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
This is a bit clich?, but all of them! Windows Phone 8.1 in itself is an incredible upgrade! An even bigger leap than between Windows Phone 7.5 and Windows Phone 8! Really excited, this is basically our version of iOS 7. So let's get pumped for ALL the new features, big and small!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
This is a bit clich?, but all of them! Windows Phone 8.1 in itself is an incredible upgrade! An even bigger leap than between Windows Phone 7.5 and Windows Phone 8! Really excited, this is basically our version of iOS 7. So let's get pumped for ALL the new features, big and small!

Yes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
My fav is action center!!!!!but they are removing Facebook fro m email+accounts so i don't like that😒😒😒

I do understand why they are removing integrated facebook, and that is because if it's integrated, it will take longer to update than to just have an app and update that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

samy_a

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
While many new features are great, my favorite is that apps will be more easily ported between the different Windows.

Ashish Kakade05

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Navigation bar is gonna be available for latest hardware's as there is no on-screen buttons on wp8 so don't be happy about navigation bar......enjoy Other awesome things!!!!!!!!

albogino

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand the navi bar thing. what's it supposed to do? is it digital buttons on the screen, like android has on the nexus, which lacks capacitative buttons as a phone?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
The file picker will be huge when apps start taking advantage of it. Not needing to use SkyDrive... er... OneDrive... as a go-between for apps opening files is a major thing.

And for another one that's nice and nobody has mentioned yet from messing with the leaked emulator...

month.png

I'd still like it to say the actual text, but the colored lines are already better than what WP8 does. A little disappointed that the Agenda view is gone though. Week view IS pretty nice though.

The improved podcast support is nice as well, because you can add stuff that the Zune Store didn't have as long as you have the xml feed.

Last edited:

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
The merging of wp8.1 and rt is my favorite feature. I know this isn't the full merge yet, but when it comes I believe you will see an explosion of apps in the store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism