WP needs more (modern) accent colors and background options !

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Some people just_don't_get_it.. It's like asking a BMW to paint you their car in pink or something, i'm sure they would refuse, cause it doesn't work with their brand, their concept, their idea of how a car should look like.. WP* wouldn't be this clean and simple looking anymore.. try and grasp that people.

Maybe something very discrete would work, something from MS/Nokia.. again, to work with what they imagined not what arm chair designers think it's good looking.

Wrong analogy here. We are asking MS for the option to use wallpapers. So it's like buying your car and taking it for a respray without getting sued by the car company. We aren't asking MS to put the wallpapers or background pictures for us, we asking for the option to change it if and when we want to!

osoalex

May 24, 2013
Visit site
PureMotion HD+ and 1520's display would shine brighter and be even more beautiful with a custom background.

Hope they take this suggestion for 8.1 ultimately.

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
We aren't asking MS to put the wallpapers or background pictures for us, we asking for the option to change it if and when we want to!

Again, you didn't get it.. and it was a good analogy. Right now, when you see a Windows Phone, you know it's windows phone, by the hardware, by capacitive buttons, and, by the unique style of tiles and black or white background. If you put Hello Kitty as a background it doesn't give that "oh it's WP8" impression anymore, it just looks like another random Galaxy Trend Plus LII Android phone..
I don't buy that "customer is always right" bullshi* sorry. First it's backgrounds, then you'll want tiles to be rounder, to be 3D, etc etc.. and what you have then? A cluster fck and a stray from that whole idea and concept that they've imagined and want to have..
Yes i customised the look of my Android a lot before, BUT, only cause it's **** ugly by default and has no visual style at all.. With WP8 i finally don't have to do that..

Geodude074

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Again, you didn't get it.. and it was a good analogy. Right now, when you see a Windows Phone, you know it's windows phone, by the hardware, by capacitive buttons, and, by the unique style of tiles and black or white background. If you put Hello Kitty as a background it doesn't give that "oh it's WP8" impression anymore, it just looks like another random Galaxy Trend Plus LII Android phone..
I don't buy that "customer is always right" bullshi* sorry. First it's backgrounds, then you'll want tiles to be rounder, to be 3D, etc etc.. and what you have then? A cluster fck and a stray from that whole idea and concept that they've imagined and want to have..
Yes i customised the look of my Android a lot before, BUT, only cause it's **** ugly by default and has no visual style at all.. With WP8 i finally don't have to do that..

So you want WP8 to look ugly by default with no option of making it look better?

Well, okay...

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

Nope, the black or white background doesn't define WP, the tiles do.

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
What?? It's beautifull by default, are you completely missing what i've said or what?
Anyways, i did a quick test.. i don't know, it might work with some backgrounds, but still..

Beautifull by default i dont know. With such a minimalistic approach its easy to look clean by default, thats right.
But looking at some WP i saw "out in the wild" or take a look here, some really did some awful things to WP while trying to recreate a background image with the tiles...
Anyway, like i said:
1. Background Images behind the tiles are possible in Windows 8.1 and RT alrady.
2. Windows wants to bring them closer together (look and feel)

Yes some wallpapers will look awful, but some people just dont have any taste. They make there Droid look awful and will get the same done with WP or already raping WP (take a look in the thread i linked).

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Well i like blue colour so i only can use teal,cyan and cobalt which don't really fit my style...I would like to see an RGB Colour picker so you can choose ANY colour you want...But i don't really care about the background i like it as is...

Markyyy

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
There should be a color picker that give you the feeling you can pick any colour you want, but actually only let's you choose preset colours by default. But then there should be an option to genuinely choose any colour you want... I'm going to do a quick mock up... CHECK BACK SOON

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Just give us the option to select the background and everybody is happy! Choice is never bad, and it shouldn't turn the system unstable.

Also, there should be an option to customize the colors of the standard apps tiles.

It's so silly to make them all match the accent color, everything looks the same! It looks like a college project for design school: interesting, but not practical.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Options, we need options.

I personally do not like a wallpaper but more accent colors would be great instead of just black and white but if they could do both then it's a deal more options the better

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12