WP needs more (modern) accent colors and background options !

mspace81

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft really needs to add more colors and allow for wallpaper options. It won't make it look like Android, the difference between both platforms is very obvious. I carry both the Note 3 and windows phone and the windows phone look can get boring, especially the tile color options. Windows Phone doesn't need full out customization like Android, but offering some customization is nice. Some people like for their phone to stay the same and others want some slight customizations. Allow the option for both and they may get more users. Psychologically, people like options, just not too many options. So, Microsoft can offer a few options, but don't have to go overboard and lose the Windows feel.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
And that's totally fine,I respect when you say "I don't want....". But I don't understand when people write "We don't need customisation". I mean it can't be that hard and resource hungry to make the option available for people that want to use it.

Agree. There are plenty of options on the phone now that I don't use so why would the option to add wallpaper be any different.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
You guys should actually wait for the release to know if they have introduced that feature or not. It's a development kit for developers. Background image is not that developers are bothered about, so Microsoft may not have released it in SDK for the same reason.

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
You guys should actually wait for the release to know if they have introduced that feature or not. It's a development kit for developers. Background image is not that developers are bothered about, so Microsoft may not have released it in SDK for the same reason.

I really doubt it come with 8.1 !
With all the leaks we already have, nothing about more accent colors and wallpapers, not even a trace of it, sadly.

Markyyy

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
where? Theyre the same colours I already have on my Lumia 800! If you're referring to that last colour, it's the Nokia Blue colour. That screenshot has had its colour levels altered slightly, whether on purpose or by accident.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone 7 provided for 10 colors decided by Microsoft, one is available for the handset manufacturer, and one is available for the mobile operator. (I don't recall is the manufacturer and carrier get one each or share one, but I think that its one each.) Ten more colors were later added (and some of the original ten were adjusted). So, new phones should have 20-22 colors.

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 is not completely finished yet. It's still in testing.
Adding additional colors for the tiles is pretty easy to make, so even nobody found new colors in the leaked SDK, that doesn't mean that MS won't add some in the final update!

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Can't agree more, really need to have the choice for more live tile colors! Maybe a color picker to get the exact color I need. Hope this thread reach to someone who can do something about this.

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
So, new phones should have 20-22 colors.

Yeah 20 on my german branding-free 620 and 90% ugly and oversaturated...
the color from @willybraatlund is just the samsung exclusive color i think (but a good looking actually) !

Can't agree more, really need to have the choice for more live tile colors! Maybe a color picker to get the exact color I need. Hope this thread reach to someone who can do something about this.

I highly doubt that ! :straight:

trandz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes this NEEDS to happen. What sort of hardware jump would adding a damn background require....? The 1520 is running the same hardware a latest android runs which has a lot more customization options so MS should have 0 issues

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes this NEEDS to happen. What sort of hardware jump would adding a damn background require....?
A human brain upgrade.

Some backgrounds would be fine, others would be distracting because the user might be trying to "fill in the gaps" that the tiles make in the photo or might have a color that's similar to the accent color so that the boundaries of the tiles themselves appear to disappear. These kinds of things make the user work more to discern the information that the tiles are trying to convey in a split second.

The visual impact of background photos and colors can be positive. The information impact of photos and colors can be negative. Microsoft is weighing these against one another. So far, they're sides with being able to convey information quickly, at the cost of glitz.

angusdegraosta

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
One of my recent favs has been mango with the light background. Some of the colors like cobalt I think are too bright, but cyan, the greens, and crimson work for me. I used to only use cyan. Now I change up usually once a month. A color picker is a good idea... something to tone down the hue a little.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss