WP needs more (modern) accent colors and background options !

Markyyy

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I have lumia 800 which has a pentile isplay, which means that some colours give a crisper edge to the tiles and some give a fuzzy edge to them. On a black background, the dark green give the crispest edge (but it's not a great colour) and any of the red-ish colours (that's anything from orange to purple) give the fuzziest edges. I use Cobalt Blue on a black background most of the time. It gives a crisp vertical tile edge, but a fuzzy horizontal edge, which I can put up with. I won't ever get a device with a pentile sub-pixel arrangement again.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Daniel keeps saying no, but everyone else keeps saying yes. I wonder if it is that we get predefined ones like on windows 8 that has some default backgrounds you can choose. Since Daniel said to not take it "literally".. maybe we can't add our own backgrounds.. yet... *shrug*.. if that is the case I would still like to add some space between tiles to be able to see it (maybe able to add an "empty" row?).

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Daniel keeps saying no, but everyone else keeps saying yes. I wonder if it is that we get predefined ones like on windows 8 that has some default backgrounds you can choose. Since Daniel said to not take it "literally".. maybe we can't add our own backgrounds.. yet... *shrug*.. if that is the case I would still like to add some space between tiles to be able to see it (maybe able to add an "empty" row?).

You can always do something like this, no one is forcing you to fill the whole space with tiles.. You can add empty rows/tiles with Header tiles among others.

520 skinery by borislozac, on Flickr

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site

predefined would be bull****, really whats the point ?
MS already displayed a lack of good taste with the choice for the accent colors and i dont want 10 predefined wallpapers...i want my own or does MS think we are to stupid to choose a good looking wallpaper ?

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
So now wallpapers are pretty much confirmed, but nothing about more accent colors/color picker...hope this will also be part of the update !

distilledoreo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Actually in the SDK there is "one" more color to choose for the accents, a light blue color (seen here).
NavBar.png
The thing is, it's called "Custom" not "Sky Blue" or any other name. It could mean they didn't name it yet, but I think it is a place holder to choose a custom accent color.

distilledoreo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I went digging in the emulator files, and found some interesting stuff, Cortana (or whatever it's going to be called) dialogue, background image support, tile size, and other things, but this thread is about accent colors. I'll let the image do the talking
MoreAccentColors.png
This says it's for Kid's Corner, but I'm pretty sure they share accent colors. It seems like there will be theme support too, since this states a custom color with either a light or dark background color.
themes.png

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I think that are just placeholders for the Providers or OEM's special colors
Some OEM's and providers already use a custrom accent color, like Verizon, HTC ect...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss