01-29-2015 05:14 AM
122 123 ...
tools
    Just looking at my WP can be hard sometime, at first it looked great, clean and modern using the cyan accent color.
    But now after over one year i cant stand it any longer...
    I changed the accent color many times, i tried using magenta, yellow, bluegreen ect. but always came back to cyan.
    My problem with the accent color is that currently nearly all of them are not "modern" and unintrusive enough. They are way too aggresive and look awful (brown,orange,darkgreen). With the 8.1 update microsoft needs to add at least 10 more, modern and unintrusive. Or at least give us the option to adjust the color saturation !

Wallpapers or more background colors are the next thing, i mean with enough good accent colors to choose from black/white "could" be enough but...
    It would be great to have the option to use a background wallpaper/color.
    WP8.1 could be so beautiful !

wp_81.png

What do you think ?
    Last edited by wiggum15; 02-14-2014 at 06:08 AM.
    02-12-2014 09:05 AM
    looks way too much like a droid
    02-12-2014 09:31 AM
    But looking boring and ugly is no option for WP if they will keep growing.
    Anyway, that thing was done in 2min with a freeware software, i think the MS guys can get something better and more unique done.
    02-12-2014 09:34 AM
    Not a fan honestly. I think expanding upon the colors would be great. Something as simple as a color wheel would be great, but wallpaper support looks pretty tacky in my opinion. I would like to think there are more exciting things they could do on the UI side. Like allowing 4x2 tiles. Then developers could create some beautiful huge tiles to add functionality perhaps.

There are some cool concepts out there.
    02-12-2014 09:41 AM
    Just looking at my WP can be hard sometime, at first it looked great, clean and modern using the cyan accent color.
    But now after over one year i cant stand it any longer...
    I changed the accent color many times, i tried using magenta, yellow, bluegreen ect. but always came back to cyan.
    My problem with the accent color is that currently nearly all of them are not "modern" and unintrusive enough. They are way too aggresive and look awful (brown,orange,darkgreen). With the 8.1 update microsoft needs to add at least 10 more, modern and unintrusive. Or at least give us the option to adjust the color saturation !

Wallpapers or more background colors are the next thing, i mean with enough good accent colors to choose from black/white "could" be enough but...
    It would be great to have the option to use a background wallpaper/color. Maybe give the user the ability to add a bit of transparency to the tiles...
    WP8.1 could be so beautiful !

What do you think ?
    You can vote here :) Windows Phone's background can be replaced with a picture – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone-
    svenhassel likes this.
    02-12-2014 10:07 AM
    I like this, but for big displays only (5-6 inch).
    02-12-2014 10:12 AM
    Please vote for this. Everyone would benefit. If you like it use it,if not ignore it and use black or white background. Vote with 3votes if possible.
    02-12-2014 10:26 AM
    Anyway, we have it on Windows 8 and Windows RT. Now if Microsoft wants to align WP and RT this is a "must have" thing.
    I also think that many people will start liking WP if you give the user such simple options like choosing a background. Voted for it !
    02-12-2014 10:30 AM
    I'd at least like to see the same colour/background customization options like in Win8.1.
    02-12-2014 10:31 AM
    I think it wold be cool to choose a "Homescreen Background"(Choose a color or image) and a seperate "App Background" (Black/White maybe more colors).
    For me this would work !
    wp_83.png
    02-12-2014 10:46 AM
    To be honest, Microsoft's track record of adding excessive customization to UIs has tended to result in jumps of hardware requirements, or third parties to come in and trash perfectly good systems. XP, Vista both jumped requirements with their respective UI enhancements. Transparency is nice and all, but is there value for a user if battery life suffers?
    02-12-2014 10:49 AM
    Like @Iki Taba said, it won't hurt anyone to have this option. If you don't like it, you can stick to standard black and white but if you do, you can use it. It's a win win. And if WP is gonna replace RT, then this is gonna be needed. Please vote
    02-12-2014 10:54 AM
    Don't like the idea of wallpaper, but I think a color wheel for accent colors would be a great thing. Never understood why only select colors are allowed.
    02-12-2014 11:03 AM
    UI overhaul is actually coming... they will break the secret in Build 2014 similar to last wp8 event which introduced the new small tile thing
    02-12-2014 12:30 PM
    UI overhaul is actually coming... they will break the secret in Build 2014 similar to last wp8 event which introduced the new small tile thing
    really, any more information on that ?
    02-12-2014 02:19 PM
    This looks great and forward thinking. All we want is more options. for those that don't like it they can stick with the old way. But for those that want a change, allow us the option to change. I never argue with folks that want more options. Why should I force others to only have what I like.
    svenhassel likes this.
    02-12-2014 02:45 PM
    I voted, will you?
    meddyrainzo likes this.
    02-12-2014 02:49 PM
    Ability to choose Background colours I agree with, and more choice for Accent colours, but keep the images for the lock screen where they will not be obscured by tiles, and will not hit the battery life.
    MikeSo, LTTG, Donny James and 20 others like this.
    02-12-2014 02:55 PM
    I love it!

Sent from my GT-I9003 because my beloved Lumia is charging :'D
    02-12-2014 03:18 PM
    Awesome dude. Just awesome.
    02-12-2014 03:27 PM
    I voted, will you?
    I gave it 3 votes, stole my girlfriends laptop and gave it 3 votes again :D
    Donny James likes this.
    02-12-2014 03:55 PM
    Ability to choose Background colours I agree with, and more choice for Accent colours, but keep the images for the lock screen where they will not be obscured by tiles, and will not hit the battery life.
    http://i.minus.com/jbxOUgI0AA2qEU.png
    Blocked by Tiles, maybe.
    But on the other mobil OS (Android, iOS) they are blocked by stuff too (widgets, icons) and still anyone uses a wallpaper !
    Anyone i showed my WP asked me "why do you just have a black wallpaer ?"....i told them its not possible to use on and they were like "uhhh thats bad".

Tile colors, thats something i really hate MS for. I mean why so little selection and why did they choose the most ugly standard colors ?
    I mean brown ?? pukegreen ?? attackingorange ?? blindingblue ??
    Whats wrong with them ?
    02-12-2014 04:26 PM
    Amazing
    psudotechzealot likes this.
    02-12-2014 04:44 PM
    I would also like a more accent colors, preferably a color wheel, and also change background color, but not wallpaper.
    02-12-2014 05:59 PM
    http://i.minus.com/jbxOUgI0AA2qEU.png
    Love the concept, looks great!

And yes, I agree the options should expand to at least be on par with Windows 8.1. However, I disagree with background pictures on the lock screen (just not enough space to appreciate an image, plus it distracts from the Tiles). I also heavily disagree with adding transparency to Live Tiles.

Microsoft has declared the Aero theme dead, that also means the death of transparency. Besides, transparency adds (in my option) very little to the overall design, while hogging resources and battery life. Solid colors is far more modern, bold, and simple. You know, exactly what Metro is all about? ;)
    MikeSo likes this.
    02-12-2014 07:31 PM
122 123 ...