WP 8.1 SDK ISO Leak

distilledoreo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes, please, can someone who has this installed explain how you did it? I already had the 8.0 SDK installed, but nothing I'm doing works.
Install Visual Studio Express 2013, then install the 8.1 SDK from this iso: winphoneviet.WPSDK8.1DevPreview
All other iso files I used would not work, but the one on this link does work for me. If it still doesn't work, try searching the error that pops up.

peerke63

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Install Visual Studio Express 2013, then install the 8.1 SDK from this iso: winphoneviet.WPSDK8.1DevPreview
All other iso files I used would not work, but the one on this link does work for me. If it still doesn't work, try searching the error that pops up.

I have severall 8.1 SDK-files... should I use ....SDK-desktop-x64.msi which is only soms 6-700kb ? And what should I see after I install that... Because nothing happens after installation
(sorry... very new in this as you can notice...)

Ron Penton

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

To expand on what he said, here's the exact procedure I used to install mine:

1) Install a Windows 8 VM using VMWare Player
2) Update VM to Windows 8.1
3) Install Visual Studio 2013 Express Windows Edition (not web edition, not windows desktop edition, just plain "windows" edition for windows store apps. The others don't work)
4) Shut down VM and add the lines "hypervisor.cpuid.v0 = "FALSE"" and "mce.enable = "TRUE"" to my VMX file to enable the Hypervisor emulators
5) attach the ISO as a drive and run VS2013.1.exe in the root directory
6) Reboot and voila, it works!

Whew. All that effort and it's pretty much operating exactly like a regular Windows Store app would, except using the phone emulator. At least so far I haven't found any differences from the regular WinRT API.

Derek De Souza

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm having all sorts of errors on my laptop. It's a 64bit running 8.1, Hyper -v is enabled too. Is it not compatible with 8.1?? Because that's just silly

distilledoreo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
See what happens if you try to install it when you're not connected to the internet. What fixed my installation was editing some settings on my PC to stop certification of files over the internet. Perhaps it would work just by disabling the internet.

frostyfurious

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
dowloaded the ISO, and when i try to install it on VS 13 i get the error "The form specified for the subject is not one supported or known by the specified trust provider." any idea ? how to deal with this error !!

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I just install VS Express for Windows (just Windows) + Update 1 for SDK WP8.1 Preview. And running now the emulator for WP8.1 ... :D

wp2.png

Edit: and have a "Search" on Messaging threads. o/

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I just install VS Express for Windows (just Windows) + Update 1 for SDK WP8.1 Preview. And running now the emulator for WP8.1 ... :D

View attachment 57419

Edit: and have a "Search" on Messaging threads. o/

How did you get it? I installed the 8.1 sdk but nothing changed for me I have the same emulator and I don't even have gdr3 on the emulator. Do I need to install VS2013 express for windows?

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes. VS Express 2013 for Windows and then .exe file on SDK ISO. And then I created new project (Javascript for Windows Phone). After that I just run the emulator on VS.

pedroos1

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Zapella, I have done the steps you wrote up there, and I get this error: wp8.1error.png
What I'm doing wrong? I have installed too the Windows SDK for Windows 8.1, case it would have any necessary component for VS Express or the emulator

pedroos1

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Which Windows version do you have?

Windows 8.1 Pro:

2epezahu.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa