Tom Warren just dropped a hint that tattoos/background designs are coming to Windows Phone 8.1!

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I just need three more confirmations:
- Quick Responses;
- Saved Games Backup;
- More Quick Notifications (more than just 5 in the lockscreen);
And my wish list for WP8.1 will become complete. :)

But I still hope to see something trully new in BUILD, something that anyone was hoping for. Can I dream with that Dan??

My wish: ability to instantly switch between most used apps. Similar to Cover app on Andriod but I know that's asking for too much
Start at 3:34
Cover for Android: Hands-on Demo - YouTube

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
these guys know many things we don't. they should go rogue and spill the beans for this years plans of microsoft. Do it, Rubino.

Gautam Kabiraj

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Btw, he says there is still more features, like a lot more. How can all of this fit in an update lol. I think my phone will explode after the update.

It's going to be a big update, unlike the previous ones. You do realize it's an OS upgrade not firmware or general distributions :smile: (I wonder how big this update will be! :sweaty: )
But yet, I've to say WP8.1 looks more like WP9 expected. While we didn't see much changes in W8.1 from W8 update.

PureView

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
You wouldn't say this if you've read all the media coverage after the launch event of WP7, WP7.5 and WP8.

Even with all the leaks, we don't know ANYTHING about WP8.1. All we have are a few pieces of a very big puzzle. There is ZERO information about how all this will come together. And most importantly, how are the new apps going to be for WP8.1.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Really, but thats the app you need a subscription for isnt it ?
But then again, does the gapless playback only work for streaming (because the webplayer also has it) or for your local music too ?

The built-in music + videos hub has given me gapless playback for all my music. Unless I'm not understanding what "gapless" playback is.

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
The built-in music + videos hub has given me gapless playback for all my music. Unless I'm not understanding what "gapless" playback is.

oh,ok.
Then you most likely dont know what gapless playback is. Its no gap between two song, its a smooth transision like in wmp.

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
are you talking about gapeless playback or crossfading?
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk Beta

Actually i dont know, all i want is a smooth transition between songs like in wmp, Xbox music webplayer or every other audio player out there !
Not that Song -> 1 sec of silence -> Next song stuff.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Im very sad, its ugly with app that do not change accent color it will turn an ugly riot :( Why not backgroud animated to your father windows 8.1? Why?

I honestly don't know how to feel about this. I would also rather the background color or picture or whatever sit behind the live tiles...this is just...I'm not sure how to feel. Let's see if this is the direction they would go with

If you can select the pictures to use, then this might work. Hopefully that's the case

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't like it that way. It's good that tiles have their own colour, makes it easier to find what you are looking for.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I think this would work well with the white background if true...
https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/436593946030903296/photo/1

EDIT: Just eager to see how this would work out in the end

Yuck, this is horribly ugly. Like the other have said, I prefer that the tiles have their own color, and the custom background is behind the tiles and if not custom images, at least W8 style predefined backgrounds. Maybe even ones that move like in W8.1 :D One can dream.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't even need custom photos selected by the user for the background. Just give me a wide range of colours to choose from, so that it doesn't have to be only black or white. Why is this so difficult to do?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786