Tom Warren just dropped a hint that tattoos/background designs are coming to Windows Phone 8.1!

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
As long we can turn it off, it's not a problem for me. But if MS don't let us choose the background too, the majority of people are gonna talk trash about it. What started as a great idea turns out to be a joke.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
As long we can turn it off, it's not a problem for me. But if MS don't let us choose the background too, the majority of people are gonna talk trash about it. What started as a great idea turns out to be a joke.

I'm just gonna wait and see it before I can judge. But really, if they were gonna give us options, they should at least give "what we asked for". Maybe they made it work. We'll see

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Actually I like the pic Tom posted, I think its the new direction that no other OS went to. I vote fore picture tiles, I just wonder how are they going to implement it. Can't wait.

Bruno Arphenia

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Actually I like the pic Tom posted, I think its the new direction that no other OS went to. I vote fore picture tiles, I just wonder how are they going to implement it. Can't wait.

ok try to keep this design with a wider range applications, which are not influenced by the color accent and a slideshow of images, and you'll see that this is not a good idea to replace the customization that both wanted, who did not want to not have to turn continue with your plain black or white background.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

You end up covering the logos of most apps. And you can't tell anything apart. I'm not sure why this is good, if not just for a one-time "woah, that's weird" comment from your friends. There's a reason you don't have iOS with a black background and all the icons showing part of a picture. It would be a nightmare to use.

But unrelated to your comment, I don't understand why they just don't implement it like W8.1 where you can just select a background from a list that Microsoft has preloaded. Like on W8.1, I have that red fire background that moves when I scroll the screen...like that's just awesome!

Bruno Arphenia

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
You end up covering the logos of most apps. And you can't tell anything apart. I'm not sure why this is good, if not just for a one-time "woah, that's weird" comment from your friends. There's a reason you don't have iOS with a black background and all the icons showing part of a picture. It would be a nightmare to use.

But unrelated to your comment, I don't understand why they just don't implement it like W8.1 where you can just select a background from a list that Microsoft has preloaded. Like on W8.1, I have that red fire background that moves when I scroll the screen...like that's just awesome!

This is what we want, the same appearance of windows 8.1, would be perfect! I do not understand too, would be the best way to approach even the OS, as is being suggested windows phone will continue looking like the poor cousin of windows 8.1

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion but I wish you good luck when the tiles start flipping and you can't understand what the hell is happening in your start screen.

Enviado do meu iPad usando o WPCentral Forums

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I know I've been back and forth on this a lot but after visiting this site "Unique Layouts for Windows Phone 8 - Wiphomes", I think I've made my final decision on this. I like the skinned tiles and with a notification center, I don't think I will use live tiles much. So, yeah. Skinned it is :).
Also, if you look at this forum, you'll see a lot of neat skinned tiles
Look at what I found from the forums http://forums.windowscentral.com/at...ne-8/34913d1369825868-wp_ss_20130529_0002.png
Now I hope MS leaves this as their final decision :D (maybe they can also add the "behind the tile background" option for those who need it but I realistically see people using the skinned tiles more as it shows the entire picture or they can just stick to live tiles)

Last edited:

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I know I've been back and forth on this a lot but after visiting this site "Unique Layouts for Windows Phone 8 - Wiphomes", I think I've made my final decision on this. I like the skinned tiles and with a notification center, I don't think I will use live tiles much. So, yeah. Skinned it is :).
Also, if you look at this forum, you'll see a lot of neat skinned tiles
Look at what I found from the forums http://forums.windowscentral.com/at...ne-8/34913d1369825868-wp_ss_20130529_0002.png
Now I hope MS leaves this as their final decision :D (maybe they can also add the "behind the tile background" option for those who need it but I realistically see people using the skinned tiles more as it shows the entire picture or they can just stick to live tiles)

Sorry but I disagree. On every example on this site you have to sacrifice the tiles to be able to see the picture, and this can't be right. With this method the tiles become useless. So what's then the point to have tiles at all?

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
There is already an app for the foreground imaging so I think it should just be left for that and give us a background. I don't know until I see how it looks with my phone setup but may or may not just keep the black background... But I think a background image (if even stock images only from MS as long as there is a variety) would be a nice feature to have for those who want it.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
It is good but to me its pointless because you can't barely see those unless you swype down or something. Transparency or like skinnery would be better or just have them both so users can choose.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I never used the skinnery tiles app so my question is, what does it do with the image on the next set of tiles? Do the image just keep repeating down, or does it then pick another image? What if you don't have enough tiles for a full image display (assuming repeat or new image), does it just chop half of the image off? It can't exactly scroll the image to make it a stationary background as it would have to update the app tiles based on your offset and that would just be a laggy mess if you are scrolling a lot..

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I never used the skinnery tiles app so my question is, what does it do with the image on the next set of tiles? Do the image just keep repeating down, or does it then pick another image? What if you don't have enough tiles for a full image display (assuming repeat or new image), does it just chop half of the image off? It can't exactly scroll the image to make it a stationary background as it would have to update the app tiles based on your offset and that would just be a laggy mess if you are scrolling a lot..

This is exactly what I've been thinking about recently. I just don't want to comment on the backgrounds anymore till we see it during build cause really, I've really been back and forth on how it should be implemented

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo