07-28-2014 02:58 PM
185 12345 ...
tools
    Daniel,

Any idea if 8.1 will come with updates to Email/Outlook app? Kind of ridiculous for a device which is targeting business to not be able to edit original messages during reply/forward, amongst other nuances...

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk
    thorsgris and Charles Wang like this.
    02-18-2014 10:01 AM
    #1 - Needs to let you extend the syncing of historical calendar items. Having them drop off the phone so quickly is bad. You should be able to keep 2 month, 3, 6, all, etc amount of old appointments on the phone for reference. iPhone does this, WP should too.

#2 - Needs to let you set the historical synchronization period for individual email folders. For example you could set your inbox to sync the last 6 months an archive folder to sync all items from anytime. Android does this, WP should too.
    02-18-2014 05:29 PM

#2 - Needs to let you set the historical synchronization period for individual email folders. For example you could set your inbox to sync the last 6 months an archive folder to sync all items from anytime. Android does this, WP should too.

you can search the server for old emails. But the option to sync locally for a few months would be nice. I personally prefer older mail to be on the server.

02-18-2014 07:32 PM
    you can search the server for old emails.
    But the option to sync locally for a few months would be nice. I personally prefer older mail to be on the server.

Can you explain how to do that? When I go to another mailbox folder besides the inbox the only selection is to sync or not to sync. If you try to search the folder it only searches the emails synced to the phone, not bring up other emails I know are on the server.

I also wish they had some other sync time period in general between 1 month or any time. 6 month or a year would be great too.
    I think everything about Windows Phone must be designed to completely exclude the possibility of devices with more memory capacity.
    02-18-2014 10:15 PM
    Guys go to below Ms uservoice site and vote for Quick settings for mobile(cellular) data on/off slot.
    because i think it is missing in wp8.1 update..
    according to sdk leak..

so please vote as much as possible Before wp8.1 launch.
    fast

Mobile Data On/Off Option to Quick Settings! – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    02-19-2014 12:49 AM
    hey.. what is live lock screen..??
    grid-view nd list view???
    IETileManage?
    and this "Social notifications will now show up in action center by swiping from the top of the screen".. does that mean only social notifications will show up..?? Things like now playing or download/update status of an app.?? wont they show up on action centre..!!???
    02-19-2014 01:32 AM
    Well, what I really hope for that hopefully will be revealed sooner will be a better Desktop App for WP ! The current WP desktop app sucks. I can't even do a simple function like transfer music. So seriously. Fingers crossed. Better Desktop app for WP.
    02-19-2014 10:30 AM
    Can you explain how to do that? When I go to another mailbox folder besides the inbox the only selection is to sync or not to sync. If you try to search the folder it only searches the emails synced to the phone, not bring up other emails I know are on the server.

I also wish they had some other sync time period in general between 1 month or any time. 6 month or a year would be great too.
    I think everything about Windows Phone must be designed to completely exclude the possibility of devices with more memory capacity.

the search button in your email client...

1) search for a message by content or name (ex, us airways flight)
    2) search doesn't deliver local relevant matches
    3) at the bottom, there is a link which says "search more in..." with the name of your mail provider (hotmail, gmail, exchange)

Clicking that will bring results off the mail server. For exchange accounts, it will display the name of your account. For example, if you work for Toyota, it'll say "search more in Toyota"

02-19-2014 01:39 PM
    02-19-2014 03:54 PM
    3) at the bottom, there is a link which says "search more in..." with the name of your mail provider (hotmail, gmail, exchange)
    Clicking that will bring results off the mail server. For exchange accounts, it will display the name of your account. For example, if you work for Toyota, it'll say "search more in Toyota"
    I'm just using the stock WinPho 8 mail app on a lumia. I don't see that link. Even when I press the magnifying glass search button.
    I've tried looking in the mailbox connection for both a gmail and outlook account.
    Thanks anyway.
    02-19-2014 09:36 PM
    I'm just using the stock WinPho 8 mail app on a lumia. I don't see that link. Even when I press the magnifying glass search button.
    I've tried looking in the mailbox connection for both a gmail and outlook account.
    Thanks anyway.
    II think you need to check your sync setting. It needs to be set to anytime or its only going to pull stuff for the default week.
    02-19-2014 10:00 PM
    Also really hoping for custom fields in contacts / people app, and allowing more than two mobile numbers. Currently to get around this, I have to set up multiple contacts and link them. Also it would be nice to be able to set one of the contact as yourself, as there's currently no way to store your own addresses / emails / phone numbers etc other than setting up a dummy entry.
    02-20-2014 07:47 AM
    II think you need to check your sync setting. It needs to be set to anytime or its only going to pull stuff for the default week.
    I have the sync setting for the last month. I don't do anytime so that gigs and gigs of email items aren't brought down to the phone.
    That's why I was wanting a new feature to have more sync options between just 1 month and anytime and also the feature Android has where you can set sync time for seperate mailbox folders individually.
    02-20-2014 12:37 PM
    A possibility to change standard browser would Be nice 😊

Thorsgris
    02-21-2014 08:11 AM
    Reading list app

Thorsgris
    02-21-2014 08:22 AM
    Can any1 tell me wifi direct is coming or not with wp8.1 update?
    reply me fast
    02-21-2014 09:38 AM
    Daniel,
    can u tell me that wifi direct is coming or not with wp8.1 update..
    please reply
    02-21-2014 09:55 AM
    yeah,wifi direct is coming and maybe miracast with that,why dont you read the features list
    02-21-2014 12:05 PM
    Thanks anyway.

here is a screenshot of what im talking about.
    http://imgur.com/X3RJFuF

When you tap search more, itll pull results from the server. Not sure if it searches subfolders as i don't have any.

James Griggs likes this.
    02-21-2014 02:07 PM
    here is a screenshot of what im talking about.
    WP8 Mail search - Imgur

When you tap search more, itll pull results from the server. Not sure if it searches subfolders as i don't have any.

Ok, I see what you're talking about now. It must be a gmail problem. I can get that option in my connection to an outlook.com mailbox but not to a gmail.com mailbox.
    02-21-2014 10:30 PM
    Query time 1) What does Live Lock Screen Means?
    2) What is IETileManager ?

02-22-2014 05:26 AM
    I think what is missing is how do you update from WP8 to WP8.1? Via carrier? Which takes foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever? Other means? I do hope MS make it like a PC. Just have the users download it over their website and install it like a PC:
    1. Install via carrier update
    2. Via Store
    3. Download and install like applying Service pack or something.
    4. other means.

I think the problem is that the update is so slow to get to the users. The game has change as it is all about speed now. The faster you release something the customers get happy. It seems people are not so patient anymore. So i think if MS will allow PC stype updating it will greatly help. So what if it bugs down? Simply uninstall. Simple as that. Bypass the carriers.
    02-22-2014 09:59 AM
    I think what is missing is how do you update from WP8 to WP8.1? Via carrier? Which takes foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever? Other means? I do hope MS make it like a PC. Just have the users download it over their website and install it like a PC:
    1. Install via carrier update
    2. Via Store
    3. Download and install like applying Service pack or something.
    4. other means.

I think the problem is that the update is so slow to get to the users. The game has change as it is all about speed now. The faster you release something the customers get happy. It seems people are not so patient anymore. So i think if MS will allow PC stype updating it will greatly help. So what if it bugs down? Simply uninstall. Simple as that. Bypass the carriers.
    Bypass is easy, just use Preview for Developers app. It think the majority on this site use it. It`s the other way around if you experience bugs, as far as I know you can't go back (uninstall) the update.
    02-22-2014 10:19 AM
    Man, the SD features are neat and much needed.

I didn't like that the back button will just suspend the app instead of terminate it. I'm hoping for this to be an optional thing.
    02-23-2014 06:54 AM
    Man, the SD features are neat and much needed.
    Right, coz this bound to be a big update, I don't think there'll be much space left on 8GB devices and maybe that's why HTC only confirmed 8X to be receiving this update and no confirmation for 8S which has 4GB of storage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    02-23-2014 11:36 AM
185 12345 ...