WPCentral's Windows Phone 8.1 Feature-list

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
will Lumia 920 get all of the features of windows phone 8.1 ; I want slow motion camera since its exclusive to iPhone 5s , and some galaxy by "S C A M S U N G "; video editing will be icing but I have heard that it might be exclusive to Lumia 1020 since it have extra 1 GB ram :(
overall I am very excited to get the developer preview on my Lumia 920 , though it might have bugs , battery issues ; I am ready for that since it will be a beta for testers, and I still thinking what will be the next codename for nokia firmware software with its new feature oh good many of android and ios users are dying to switch to wp 8.1( many of my friends starting texting me did you got wp8.1 lol )

How original "Scamsung", if you hate them so much why would you want ANYTHING from them!!!

TomNow1

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, not sure if this has been discussed, but is there any mention of visual notifications? Like the windows button blinking when the screen is off to let you know you have an email? Now that it's been confirmed that the Icon doesn't have glance I was hoping for some type of other notifications when 8.1 is released. Thank you

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I am not asking SCAMSUNG to provide the above features ,this is my wish list from MICROSOFT and NOKIA.

What I'm saying is that even if you hate Samsung don't do the ****** thing of using Samdung, Damsung or Scamsung!!!

To keep this on topic though, the list of changes and additions is impressive. I don't think we've seen them all yet though, it'll be interesting to see what they have instore at BUILD :-D

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
What I'm saying is that even if you hate Samsung don't do the ****** thing of using Samdung, Damsung or Scamsung!!!

To keep this on topic though, the list of changes and additions is impressive. I don't think we've seen them all yet though, it'll be interesting to see what they have instore at BUILD :-D

I am not a ****** of nokia or windows phone , this is very much true in my country , they are just scamming people here by launching many devices at high price where as other makes like moto g for example launched it for 13999 Indian INR where as same phone by Samsung grand 2 is at 24999 INR , I own an iPad , S3 and Lumia 920 , so I equally enjoy all platform (bb isn't widely used these days )

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I am not a ****** of nokia or windows phone , this is very much true in my country , they are just scamming people here by launching many devices at high price where as other makes like moto g for example launched it for 13999 Indian INR where as same phone by Samsung grand 2 is at 24999 INR , I own an iPad , S3 and Lumia 920 , so I equally enjoy all platform (bb isn't widely used these days )

But that isn't representative of the rest of the world, it's all about supply and demand and if people are prepared to pay those prices then they will continue to price them that high but it doesn't mean they are scamming people.

We aren't on here to slate the choice of phone or the manufacturer, this isn't Nokia Central, HTC Central, Samsung Central or Huawai Central it's Windows Phone Central so we all need to hold off on acting like fanboys and focus on what this site is about.

Just out of interest what does the Samsung ATIV S and Nokia 1520 retail for in India?

This is taking the thread off topic though.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 1520 32 GB version with wireless charging built in , no contract :- 45999 INR (744 USD), Samsung ativ series is not available in India , they launched Omnia and didn't supported windows phone in India , nokia is the only maker for wp here ;) more to join in 2014 (micromax an Indian brand tweeted and confirmed they are planning for a wp8.1 device) heheh I wont let this topic go off topic . what's your fav. windows phone 8.1 feature ?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 1520 32 GB version with wireless charging built in , no contract :- 45999 INR (744 USD), Samsung ativ series is not available in India , they launched Omnia and didn't supported windows phone in India , nokia is the only maker for wp here ;) more to join in 2014 (micromax an Indian brand tweeted and confirmed they are planning for a wp8.1 device) heheh I wont let this topic go off topic . what's your fav. windows phone 8.1 feature ?

I don't think I have one particular favourite feature, I think it's a massive update that has something for everyone. I am curious to see how the Social app integration will work though ;-)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I have one particular favourite feature, I think it's a massive update that has something for everyone. I am curious to see how the Social app integration will work though ;-)

what I think it there will be an official app by Facebook like they did in windows 8.1 which will get regular updates , with many new features like tagging people in comments , etc. and that might be merged with -in people hub just like we have Skype merged in people hub as of now .gosh I need the update , skip march , I want to jump to April from Feb. lol please :D , these teasers make me excited :)

paras chugh

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
kids corner without password requirement is one feture that u guys missed and i think the windows button notification blink will come after a nokia firmware update for lumias

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
/*Le rant. Now I really wish this much didn't leak. Build would have been amazing and this would have been one of the biggest mobile OS update I've ever witnessed. I mean, look at the list of things that got leaked man! At first it was fun reading them and yes it did rekindle my interest for wp(was never gonna switch regardless but this did make me really happy) but seriously, I wish not everything got leaked(I know Cortana and the action/notification center didn't get leaked but they can't be that great to top the list of things leaked). Fin*/

Anyways, I just hope devices with 8.1 come sooner than July. I have been hanging on to my Titan waiting for this update

AnilJassi123

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Loving the new features but i cant help but think they're missing a crucial one (for myself at least)....keyboard shortcuts. Do you know how much of a pain it is to keep typing out your email and its not even possible to add it to the dictionary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb