WPCentral's Windows Phone 8.1 Feature-list

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm just using the stock WinPho 8 mail app on a lumia. I don't see that link. Even when I press the magnifying glass search button.
I've tried looking in the mailbox connection for both a gmail and outlook account.
Thanks anyway.

II think you need to check your sync setting. It needs to be set to anytime or its only going to pull stuff for the default week.

Charles Wang

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Also really hoping for custom fields in contacts / people app, and allowing more than two mobile numbers. Currently to get around this, I have to set up multiple contacts and link them. Also it would be nice to be able to set one of the contact as yourself, as there's currently no way to store your own addresses / emails / phone numbers etc other than setting up a dummy entry.

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
II think you need to check your sync setting. It needs to be set to anytime or its only going to pull stuff for the default week.

I have the sync setting for the last month. I don't do anytime so that gigs and gigs of email items aren't brought down to the phone.
That's why I was wanting a new feature to have more sync options between just 1 month and anytime and also the feature Android has where you can set sync time for seperate mailbox folders individually.

ThePKReddy

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm just using the stock WinPho 8 mail app on a lumia. I don't see that link. Even when I press the magnifying glass search button.
I've tried looking in the mailbox connection for both a gmail and outlook account.
Thanks anyway.

here is a screenshot of what im talking about.
http://imgur.com/X3RJFuF

When you tap search more, itll pull results from the server. Not sure if it searches subfolders as i don't have any.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
here is a screenshot of what im talking about.
WP8 Mail search - Imgur

When you tap search more, itll pull results from the server. Not sure if it searches subfolders as i don't have any.

Ok, I see what you're talking about now. It must be a gmail problem. I can get that option in my connection to an outlook.com mailbox but not to a gmail.com mailbox.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I think what is missing is how do you update from WP8 to WP8.1? Via carrier? Which takes foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever? Other means? I do hope MS make it like a PC. Just have the users download it over their website and install it like a PC:
1. Install via carrier update
2. Via Store
3. Download and install like applying Service pack or something.
4. other means.

I think the problem is that the update is so slow to get to the users. The game has change as it is all about speed now. The faster you release something the customers get happy. It seems people are not so patient anymore. So i think if MS will allow PC stype updating it will greatly help. So what if it bugs down? Simply uninstall. Simple as that. Bypass the carriers.

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I think what is missing is how do you update from WP8 to WP8.1? Via carrier? Which takes foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever? Other means? I do hope MS make it like a PC. Just have the users download it over their website and install it like a PC:
1. Install via carrier update
2. Via Store
3. Download and install like applying Service pack or something.
4. other means.

I think the problem is that the update is so slow to get to the users. The game has change as it is all about speed now. The faster you release something the customers get happy. It seems people are not so patient anymore. So i think if MS will allow PC stype updating it will greatly help. So what if it bugs down? Simply uninstall. Simple as that. Bypass the carriers.

Bypass is easy, just use Preview for Developers app. It think the majority on this site use it. It`s the other way around if you experience bugs, as far as I know you can't go back (uninstall) the update.

Andr3sfc

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Man, the SD features are neat and much needed.

I didn't like that the back button will just suspend the app instead of terminate it. I'm hoping for this to be an optional thing.

honeyrapper

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Man, the SD features are neat and much needed.

Right, coz this bound to be a big update, I don't think there'll be much space left on 8GB devices and maybe that's why HTC only confirmed 8X to be receiving this update and no confirmation for 8S which has 4GB of storage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Vlad Ciprian

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
[TIP]Video Calling Support? I don’t know if we will be given choices of which VOIP provider to use. Maybe Skype video calling will be built-in?[/TIP]

Videocall netwok plzzzz

ThePKReddy

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I see what you're talking about now. It must be a gmail problem. I can get that option in my connection to an outlook.com mailbox but not to a gmail.com mailbox.

We all know google no longer the nice kid on the block. Anyway, im also able to search within folders on the server.

Kristijan87

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
http://www.windowscentral.com/screenshots-windowsphone-81-app-list-sorting-notifications

And what happened to those rumored "actionable" or "interactive" toasts? Those were just rumors, I suppose? You remember, when you get a toast notification for a text message or something you pull it down, reply and it's gone, without having to exit the app you are currently in? Nobody is talking about those anymore and it seemed to be a handy feature.

Last edited:

DarthMengon

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Please update The Feature list with the latest post about IE private browsing and more tabs...

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_248 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital