dev preview and wp8.1 apps concern!

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So I read on wmpoweruser that wp8.1 won't see daylight before june-August.. This worries me.
Will the developer preview be half baked or fully finished?
And even if we get the developer preview, I bet apps like whatsapp and Facebook all wait until wp8.1 is officially out to make use of the notification center and extra integration. Also Bing and cortana will probably only function half.
So I'm worried, I think before we can enjoy all the goodies it will be September or something. For example I really don't think there comes a Facebook app that updates to be compatible and fully integrates in the phonebook before a month after the official release. December probably!!
So guys, this totally sucks!!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, the Dev Preview will most likely be just like Update 3 (Dev Preview). That is, almost feature-complete, but with a couple bugs left to be completed.

That Q3 Release date is most likely for Lumias, as other devices will get their updates far earlier.

Also, the SDK will be out far earlier, so the apps will come early.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Okay, the Dev Preview will most likely be just like Update 3 (Dev Preview). That is, almost feature-complete, but with a couple bugs left to be completed.

That Q3 Release date is most likely for Lumias, as other devices will get their updates far earlier.

Also, the SDK will be out far earlier, so the apps will come early.

Lumia will be Microsoft branded by the time WP 8.1 is released to consumers. Wont that mean that Lumias will be the very first devices to receive the update? (Just like Nexus for Google)

There will be no Nokia to play with WP 8.1 and release more features along with it. So that basically means is that our devices on the inside are Microsoft with just a Nokia tag on the ouside.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven