A question about windows phone 8.1

Salehshams

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Friends,
I heard WP 8,1 will support mouse ank keyboards. Is it correct??
Would it support otg(foe example. Flash memory?)

Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_334 using Tapatalk

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Could you imagine using a mouse and keyboard on a phone? It would be horrendous. That's what PCs are for. Microsoft wouldn't bother with such a useless feature in a phone im afraid.

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
They actually have HID support included. That means you can connect your phone to a keyboard. But really? A Mouse? The gestures would be terrible. Isn't that why non touch W8 users wanted the legacy desktop back?

Salehshams

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey friends what are you saying...
Android now supports this features. And you can use keyboards and mouse on Android phones.it also supports the Flash memory.
I think Nokia and has it's hardware.. And now Microsoft must support it's software...

It's not a big request.

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Android now supports this features. And you can use keyboards and mouse on Android phones.it also supports the Flash memory.
I think Nokia and has it's hardware.. And now Microsoft must support it's software...

It's not a big request.

Just because Android supports it, that doesn't mean its a feature that's now mandatory for other platforms to incorporate. Its a useless feature and I'm sure the majority would agree.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

It's not a big request.

Mice in WP would suck but keyboard is not a bad idea.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I think the keyboard support could be useful for those using Office 365 and trying to edit documents on the go, but I don't think having mouse support is ideal on a device that is mainly touch based. I don't see it working.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I want a Bluetooth keyboard for use with my Windows Phone. If you look at the "Windows Phone User Voice" web site, you will see that Bluetooth keyboard is a feature that many people want.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Get a freaking tablet then. Sheesh. I'm sorry but all im picturing in my head is this absolutely comedic scene of a guy hunched over his 5 inch phone on a table with a keyboard 3 times its size. I really don't understand the need for this; people are silly sometimes.

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
A full keyboard is silly but there is use for "keyboard emulated connections". One use is barcode scanners. A Bluetooth scanner can be paired using keyboard emulation so the phone can be used in retail stores.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Mouse and Keyboard support were great on Symbian. It was a little laggy (for the mouse) but it's not even close to a horrible idea.
You can make a laptop out of a phone, how cool is that?
You probably wont use it everyday but who cares?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Mouse and Keyboard support were great on Symbian. It was a little laggy (for the mouse) but it's not even close to a horrible idea.
You can make a laptop out of a phone, how cool is that?
You probably wont use it everyday but who cares?
well.. The more features the better I guess. Microsoft should really look at Symbian for some inspiration.

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Get a freaking tablet then. Sheesh. I'm sorry but all im picturing in my head is this absolutely comedic scene of a guy hunched over his 5 inch phone on a table with a keyboard 3 times its size. I really don't understand the need for this; people are silly sometimes.
^This :D

MaXi32

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Could you imagine using a mouse and keyboard on a phone? It would be horrendous. That's what PCs are for. Microsoft wouldn't bother with such a useless feature in a phone im afraid.

People want to play Dota 2 on their phone. A mouse is needed.

B_Sack

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If you don't understand why this would be useful, that's fine. But you don't have to use such a feature either. They are merging RT & WP as quickly as possible. They are bringing the ability to project to other screens and even have them be "screen aware" which means you can open apps into a different screen, and still utilize your phone like normal (similar to a Win8 tablet/computer). The ability to also run stationary desk items such as a keyboard & mouse to your phone and utilize your phone as a pocketable, super portable computer is definitely useful. I look forward to being able to do things like this without needing to bring other devices into the mix.

I would love to be able to be at somebody's home, slap my phone down on the table and use their peripherals to quickly do some work or even play a game off my phone which is being displayed on their TV or monitor. There are tons of possible uses for this, and it just adds to the devices capabilities and usefulness. It doesn't mean you have to drag a keyboard/mouse with you at all times, it means when/if you could use them, you have the option.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
You saved me a lot of typing! :D

They are bringing video output, support for peripherals would be natural in *certain circumstances*. Remember Motorola tried this with some dockable phones a few years back (was the Atrix the first one?). Nice idea but slower devices and hobbled with not so efficient Android at the time. Nowadays our devices are running at HD resolutions already, are going to quad core, more onboard encoding/decoding, etc.

Probably take them a little while, but the idea of OneDrive syncing your account to various devices and screens would be great -- your phone normally is in phone mode, but it springs out into more of an RT mode when hooked up as a mini-desktop.

If you don't understand why this would be useful, that's fine. But you don't have to use such a feature either. They are merging RT & WP as quickly as possible. They are bringing the ability to project to other screens and even have them be "screen aware" which means you can open apps into a different screen, and still utilize your phone like normal (similar to a Win8 tablet/computer). The ability to also run stationary desk items such as a keyboard & mouse to your phone and utilize your phone as a pocketable, super portable computer is definitely useful. I look forward to being able to do things like this without needing to bring other devices into the mix.

I would love to be able to be at somebody's home, slap my phone down on the table and use their peripherals to quickly do some work or even play a game off my phone which is being displayed on their TV or monitor. There are tons of possible uses for this, and it just adds to the devices capabilities and usefulness. It doesn't mean you have to drag a keyboard/mouse with you at all times, it means when/if you could use them, you have the option.

iSeeiSheep

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Some easy predictions about phones:

1. Your phone will eventually become your computer
2. It will dock with shells or link wirelessly
3. It will integrate with your car and replace its GPS / NAV
4. It will be greatly extended by cloud technologies such a Cortana
5. It will have different UI's depending on method of access such as keyboard or touchscreen

Think outside the box and look towards the future of where this is going! We are on the brink of major changes in technologies and future NANO tech will radically advance what your seeing today...

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Or i dunno, you could log onto skydrive, open your documents there, and use Microsoft's web apps to do your work? The much more logical solution. *shrugs*

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans