What features you think are missing and would like to see on the windows phone?

Athanville

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I am currently using my nokia n78 yes you heard it right the oldie as my 920 is gone for repairs as I had some issues with it. I have a feature in this phone that I would like to be in 8.1 is that it should auto connect you home wifi when it is available. Even if the wifi is turned off.

that was a lovely lovely phone back when you could customize almost everything.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
- Improve TASKS in the Outlook software, the cloud, and the Windows phone App and sync them all. The features needed are many, but let's start with better integration with calendar and contacts, then add hierarchy: Context, Projects, Phases, Tasks, and sub-Tasks. Then maybe add templates. Ideally, it would be simple for those who love simple but could also be sophisticated for those who need that.
- On the calendar on the WP phones, add the ability to set the default reminder time.

honeyrapper

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I hope they remove that ugly Paste icon that takes up a whole row on top of the keyboard, and make it long press like Android.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
We need xbox 360 controller support! Seriously it's so stupid that android can use an MS controller but us WP users can't...

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Also, in the xbox hub, I would like to see a list of all the games I own, not just the ones I have installed at that point in time, like on steam.
(I own too many games to have them installed at the same time and I'm starting to forget most of them :p)

dav8o8

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
1. Bluetooth profiles to allow me to use a bluetooth keyboard. Plus PAN profile so that my Nokia 1520 can connect w/ car audio/navigation systems.
2. Email client. Allow user to format text like bold, italic, underline, colored texts, etc.
3. I would like to see the vowels w/ macrons (horizontal line above the letter) as an option in the English keyboard.

xelaio

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
- CallRecorder and AnsMachine as on Symbian platform made by SmartphoneWare or similar apps.
- Available to edit received emails.
- Apps or some hardware connected with Lumia 920 to have Screen mirroring as on Samsung S4
- Available HDMI connection for Lumia 920

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
- Child Internet Blocking/Filtering or ability of an IE white-list for websites. Until we get this, it is not really a family device, regardless of Family Room.

hitchhiker90

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Just one simple request from me. The ability to export txt message threads. I know they back up to onedrive but accessing them and trying to save them can be a pain. I'm hoping with the sms api available in 8.1 someone can do this.

gbhhbg

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Text reflow, or a reader built into the browser that can strip out the text to be read it and scale up in size (like in Safari on iOS) would be greatly needed. In Android I have this as an add on to Mercury Browser (they also have it in iOS).

CGA111

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Text reflow, or a reader built into the browser that can strip out the text to be read it and scale up in size (like in Safari on iOS) would be greatly needed. In Android I have this as an add on to Mercury Browser (they also have it in iOS).

Definitely on the top of my list also. It's a royal PITA to read non mobile websites without this.

ListenUpGuys

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
  • Control over app data back-up and restore for individual apps.
  • Call recording, so I can prove that I have cancelled contract X within 7 days.
  • Support for unknown file types (do not strip them out of emails when forwarding, and let me save them to phone memory/SkyDrive if I want to)
  • Connect to computers as a standard removable drive.
  • Back button behavior like WP7. WP8's version is awful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans