Bing Smart Seach

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
It has been mentioned that the search function in wp8.1 will be similar to Bing smart search in Windows 8.1, which I find really useful and cool, but I was just wondering, will it be able to, for example, search through our text message history if we want to find a text we sent a while back? Or something similar on Whatsapp, or other messaging apps. I think that this is an important feature that's missing from wp8. I never had wp7 phone, only 7.5, so I never got to use the contextual search, but it seems like it was very useful.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering too actually, but in the case of whatsapp idk if it actually stores it as a plain text that is readable outside the app

Nik Rolls

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering too actually, but in the case of whatsapp idk if it actually stores it as a plain text that is readable outside the app

On Windows 8.1 you can code your app to provide search results, so it would be nice if that came to WP 8.1 as well.

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I hope it's able to search texts and other phone contents. That, along with a built in timer/stopwatch are features that I sorely miss from iOS. I cant tell you how fracking annoying it is to have to scroll through what feels like an endless thread of text messages to find a single piece of info.

Nik Rolls

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty confident it will be able to do that, seeing as that's one of the key features of Smart Search on desktop. Also note that Bing search on WP already has 'app-provided' results, but they weren't used very often and were more for advertising; hopefully they've expanded on that to match the desktop functionality so that every app can provide search results for its own data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb