02-21-2014 02:25 AM
61 123
tools
    Guys go to below Ms uservoice site and vote for Quick settings for mobile(cellular) data on/off slot.
    because Quick settings r coming but mobile data toggle is missing.. it is missing in wp8.1 update..
    according to sdk leak..

so please vote as much as possible Before wp8.1 launch.
    fast

Mobile Data On/Off Option to Quick Settings! – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    02-19-2014 01:32 AM
    Am I the only one that doesnt use mobile data on/off... I always have it on.... am I missing something?
    02-19-2014 08:36 AM
    Am I the only one that doesnt use mobile data on/off... I always have it on.... am I missing something?
    I am guessing, but when you fly, kind of like airplane mode, or if you only have 250MB of data, so you turn off data until you're on wifi.
    bulutsuzgece likes this.
    02-19-2014 08:40 AM
    If i leave it on and cross a border, it can get very expensive... When on a holiday abroad, I only switch mobile on if I have bought a limited roaming data package in advance, and switch it off when near a free WiFi zone to not waste data. That's Europe for you,not very united when it comes to mobile data. Sigh.
    02-19-2014 08:41 AM
    If i leave it on and crodd
    I am sorry. I dont understand what you mean by crodd.
    02-19-2014 08:42 AM
    I am sorry. I dont understand what you mean by crodd.
    Sorry, sausage finger ... Corrected my entry :)
    02-19-2014 08:46 AM
    If i leave it on and cross a border, it can get very expensive... When on a holiday abroad, I only switch mobile on if I have bought a limited roaming data package in advance, and switch it off when near a free WiFi zone to not waste data. That's Europe for you,not very united when it comes to mobile data. Sigh.
    Isn't the option of NOT USE CELLULAR DATA IF IN ROAMING already present to avoid that surcharge since the first appeararence of WP8? Isn't it enough?
    Anyway I'd agree for the need of a Cellular Data toggle for whom that hasn't a Mobile data plan entirely (abroad and locally where he lives).
    Or to preserve battery when you already know you're served by Wi-fi (background running, of course).
    02-19-2014 09:11 AM
    Isn't it too late for the "uservoice" thing? If it was so important, why was it not in uservoice till Feb 18, 2014? If it was, MS might have included that option. Personally don't use that option, still went ahead and gave my three votes to the feature. Good luck guys!
    02-19-2014 09:31 AM
    02-19-2014 09:39 AM
    Yep, it's confirmed with this video. There is no Mobile Data on/off option :(
    02-19-2014 09:51 AM
    Voted on Uservoice but what I really want is quick settings for cellular 2G/3G/LTE.
    bulutsuzgece likes this.
    02-19-2014 09:54 AM
    Isn't the option of NOT USE CELLULAR DATA IF IN ROAMING already present to avoid that surcharge since the first appeararence of WP8? Isn't it enough?
    Anyway I'd agree for the need of a Cellular Data toggle for whom that hasn't a Mobile data plan entirely (abroad and locally where he lives).
    Or to preserve battery when you already know you're served by Wi-fi (background running, of course).
    Yes, a roaming toggle us present as a part of mobile settings. If you use that toggle (or the 2G/3G/4G toggle or the choose network toggle) often, the presence on action center would be very useful.
    I wonder how MS could have overseen this.
    bulutsuzgece likes this.
    02-19-2014 09:59 AM
    People, listen, the calling feature isn't even supported in this release that is being leaked onto the interwebs, so I suppose that the whole mobile connection module has been disabled. Maybe that's why mobile data toggle isn't included in the action center?
    bulutsuzgece and honeyrapper like this.
    02-19-2014 10:18 AM
    I think this is it, this is just a preview version without calling capabilities, I guess the setting for mobile data will be included in the final release, besides notice that in the leaked settings the setting number 5 is missing, it goes from 4 to 6, 5 will surely be mobile data.
    02-19-2014 10:28 AM
    People, listen, the calling feature isn't even supported in this release that is being leaked onto the interwebs, so I suppose that the whole mobile connection module has been disabled. Maybe that's why mobile data toggle isn't included in the action center?
    May be, but I think still we should make Microsoft heard our voice about mobile data option.
    So they'll know how important for us to see the option in quick settings in final build.
    02-19-2014 10:29 AM
    I think this is it, this is just a preview version without calling capabilities, I guess the setting for mobile data will be included in the final release, besides notice that in the leaked settings the setting number 5 is missing, it goes from 4 to 6, 5 will surely be mobile data.
    I hope so...
    02-19-2014 10:30 AM
    In the leaked video there is no SIM card so that is why it might not have been included.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    02-19-2014 10:46 AM
    In the leaked video there is no SIM card so that is why it might not have been included.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    Then, let's wait for another video including a WP8.1 phone with Sim Card.
    So we'll see if it's related with Sim Card or not.
    02-19-2014 10:50 AM
    Well, Hope dies last ;)
    02-19-2014 11:15 AM
    the data on/off it's there...the option list isn't scrolled all the way down,don't be so dramatic saw another TOPIC with this complaint,how can you predict something that doesn't depend to you, i had an 30 min laugh reading about the 'missing' feature...even if they wanted,they couldn't ommit such a thing, it would be World War 3
    mpt15 likes this.
    02-19-2014 12:02 PM
    the data on/off it's there...the option list isn't scrolled all the way down,don't be so dramatic saw another TOPIC with this complaint,how can you predict something that doesn't depend to you, i had an 30 min laugh reading about the 'missing' feature...even if they wanted,they couldn't ommit such a thing, it would be World War 3
    You look very optimistic. But real life is full of surprises. (So may be it has little possibility but Microsoft may have forget adding the feature into quick settings in this build)
    So we should show Microsoft how important this feature is for us. I hope we'll see it in quick settings in the final build.
    02-19-2014 12:15 PM
    Hahahh...guys u ppl dng lot of drama...obviously mobile data on off will be there. U can customise the action centre....
    02-19-2014 12:18 PM
    Hahahh...guys u ppl dng lot of drama...obviously mobile data on off will be there. U can customise the action centre....
    We have some proofs (SDK codes, screenshots, videos) for doing drama and what do you have? A screenshot? A video including mobile data option in quick settings? No.
    So, please be supportive!
    02-19-2014 12:22 PM
    Somewhat in relation to the video of the action centre, I noticed there are some new animations (just look at the animations when something is clicked or goes back) - personally they look nice but a bit stuttery..and for the whole mobile data thing it's something they'll either have in the final build or in a following update, as WP thrives in countries that usually have capped data plans to accompany like India and so on
    bulutsuzgece likes this.
    02-19-2014 12:43 PM
    Somewhat in relation to the video of the action centre, I noticed there are some new animations (just look at the animations when something is clicked or goes back) - personally they look nice but a bit stuttery..and for the whole mobile data thing it's something they'll either have in the final build or in a following update, as WP thrives in countries that usually have capped data plans to accompany like India and so on
    Yes, you're right. I watched it again and saw new menu transition animations (from up to down). Actually it looks nice :)
    02-19-2014 12:50 PM
61 123