Wp8.1 quick settings

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Am I the only one that doesnt use mobile data on/off... I always have it on.... am I missing something?

I am guessing, but when you fly, kind of like airplane mode, or if you only have 250MB of data, so you turn off data until you're on wifi.

Luminatic

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one that doesnt use mobile data on/off... I always have it on.... am I missing something?

If i leave it on and cross a border, it can get very expensive... When on a holiday abroad, I only switch mobile on if I have bought a limited roaming data package in advance, and switch it off when near a free WiFi zone to not waste data. That's Europe for you,not very united when it comes to mobile data. Sigh.

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
If i leave it on and cross a border, it can get very expensive... When on a holiday abroad, I only switch mobile on if I have bought a limited roaming data package in advance, and switch it off when near a free WiFi zone to not waste data. That's Europe for you,not very united when it comes to mobile data. Sigh.

Isn't the option of NOT USE CELLULAR DATA IF IN ROAMING already present to avoid that surcharge since the first appeararence of WP8? Isn't it enough?
Anyway I'd agree for the need of a Cellular Data toggle for whom that hasn't a Mobile data plan entirely (abroad and locally where he lives).
Or to preserve battery when you already know you're served by Wi-fi (background running, of course).

sunnybyday

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Isn't it too late for the "uservoice" thing? If it was so important, why was it not in uservoice till Feb 18, 2014? If it was, MS might have included that option. Personally don't use that option, still went ahead and gave my three votes to the feature. Good luck guys!

Luminatic

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Isn't the option of NOT USE CELLULAR DATA IF IN ROAMING already present to avoid that surcharge since the first appeararence of WP8? Isn't it enough?
Anyway I'd agree for the need of a Cellular Data toggle for whom that hasn't a Mobile data plan entirely (abroad and locally where he lives).
Or to preserve battery when you already know you're served by Wi-fi (background running, of course).
Yes, a roaming toggle us present as a part of mobile settings. If you use that toggle (or the 2G/3G/4G toggle or the choose network toggle) often, the presence on action center would be very useful.
I wonder how MS could have overseen this.

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
People, listen, the calling feature isn't even supported in this release that is being leaked onto the interwebs, so I suppose that the whole mobile connection module has been disabled. Maybe that's why mobile data toggle isn't included in the action center?

luisfarelo

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I think this is it, this is just a preview version without calling capabilities, I guess the setting for mobile data will be included in the final release, besides notice that in the leaked settings the setting number 5 is missing, it goes from 4 to 6, 5 will surely be mobile data.

bulutsuzgece

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
People, listen, the calling feature isn't even supported in this release that is being leaked onto the interwebs, so I suppose that the whole mobile connection module has been disabled. Maybe that's why mobile data toggle isn't included in the action center?

May be, but I think still we should make Microsoft heard our voice about mobile data option.
So they'll know how important for us to see the option in quick settings in final build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte