supporting more CPUs

albadi88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
i was wondering if WP8.1 will support more CPUS ( exynos and tegra ) and 64-bit i don't want to see WP the last OS to support these.

rhamblet

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I could see them maybe supporting NVIDIA, but they don't really make competitive smartphone SOCs. Samsung's exynos is limited in that it is supported only by Samsung, who is in bed with Google and probably doesn't want to put in the work. I could see Intel getting in at some point as well.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
WP needs consistency like gaming consoles do. Adding more chipsets would add more bugs. I rather have them stick with Snapdragon only, like they currently do.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
It would be good to have say Mediatek in the lower end, cheaper devices = sell more. I do think MS should limit the number of soc's to retain a fluid optimized OS.

Sent from my iPhone 5s/Moto G with Tapatalk Pro

rhamblet

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I remember mediatek saying something about windows rt support in some of their soc documentation. It would be nice to get them involved, but they normally get into bed with dodgy OEMs who probably don't like royalties

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I feel maybe Nvidia and Intel will get on board, but that's it. And I'm sure we'll get 64 bit WPs soon.

Agreed, definitely Nvidia and Intel. But I don't know why anyone would even want mediatek or Samsung's SOC's. They are not particularly competitive nor cheaper than Snapdragon 200 series for example. Also, I'm not sure wp8.1 is 64-bit compatible as it hasn't been leaked yet, but probably the next big update 8.2 or 9 will be. It's not really even beneficial for a few more years anyway

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)