"Looks Like Android, No Thanks".

Savi Love

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
WPCentral has been giving up Windows Phone 8.1 leaks and their new leak of the Action Centre in a new video has been published and lots of people saying it looks "Androidy". I don't get how it does and what that even means... It's really annoying because I like how it looks, Android-y or not, and who cares really as long as you're getting that feature... -_-

What's so bad about Windows Phone getting a new little design that looks better than the UI? So what -_- It's not Android-y...

cuwe

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Agreed . This way , Android and iOS user that want to try Windows Phone platform will more 'comfortable' .

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
It's okay. While that might be the opinion of some current windows phone users, the majority of the general population would prefer it much more if it's actually more "Androidy", more likely for people to buy WP at least. Plus, it's not like 8.1 is getting rid of tiles and the WP design language, just added some features already popular on other platforms.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
WPCentral has been giving up Windows Phone 8.1 leaks and their new leak of the Action Centre in a new video has been published and lots of people saying it looks "Androidy". I don't get how it does and what that even means... It's really annoying because I like how it looks, Android-y or not, and who cares really as long as you're getting that feature... -_-

What's so bad about Windows Phone getting a new little design that looks better than the UI? So what -_- It's not Android-y...

exactly my thoughts, I think it looks really nice

cuwe

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
It's okay. While that might be the opinion of some current windows phone users, the majority of the general population would prefer it much more if it's actually more "Androidy", more likely for people to buy WP at least. Plus, it's not like 8.1 is getting rid of tiles and the WP design language, just added some features already popular on other platforms.

Many people love live tiles actually . It's unique than 4x4 / 4x5 / 4x6 icon's grid .

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I work on both ( Droid WP ), the only thing i cant get use to is the WP app's list.
Droid has a App drawer witch is more icon based than WP.
I dont say it better or wors, its just different.

For the homescreen, there are a lot of solutions to make it more "Droidy".
On my Droid screen i have only a few shortcuts.

2014-02-20 00.32.48.png

It looks completely different then this.
And it should, it's WP and it has its own looks and feels.

wp_ss_20140220_0001.png

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
To be honest - I don't like eather how the new action center looks or how the tiles are done, both could be WAAAYY better.
But yeah, people always need to hate on something, let them hate while you enjoy things you like. It's all about having fun, right? :)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I love the tiles. Idk how people get a kiddy feeling with windows phone when Samsung galaxy phones ui looks all cartoon and childish like. As far as this notification thing goes,I do think this implementation is a bit android like and it saddens me because its like windows phone has to essentially conform with the popular crowd vs coming up with something more unique to differentiate itself.

I probably will use the action center or whatever it is called but it is redundant for me since my live tiles more than compensate the fact that I don't need a notification center but at least it is there to shut up the whiners who want it.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Also there are people such as myself who came to windows phone to get away and avoid android and it bugs us simply because we don't want any android esque elements in our phones.

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
if it makes u happier, let me repeat what people have been spamming for ages.. Android invented the notification center exactly how apple invented video calling...

the notification/drop down menu, have been there for a while, I think first at Maemo(Nokia n900)..

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
This is hysterical, really.

We have calls for WP to 'catch up'. Screams of agony from people wanting a 'notification centre' and 'switch centre'.

The non-RTM SDK shows a notification centre and a switch centre. Fire up the complaints. Looks like Android, it's missing stuff, blah blah blah. :p

What did you expect? Them to come out with something completely different? So WP tries to 'catch up' and people aren't happy. I give up.

trandz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't get it either. People complain that wp didn't have the basic features ios and android has, now we got them and people still *****. Boggles my mind

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
People came to WP for a reason.

My reason was laggy android and a marketplace full of spyware, another reason that iOS is god damn overpriced

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro