... it still baffles me that they don't sort the settings list alphabetically. It may be too much to ask, but it will look so much nicer to have a good organized list. I hope they do it on WP8.1, but from the leaks we get so far, it doesn't seem like it. It can get frustrating sometimes when you're in a very fast paced environment, and you need to access your settings a lot.
    tropolite likes this.
    02-20-2014 08:20 PM
    Well, it seems like the settings screen has been neglected, but in all honesty other parts of the OS needed much more attention.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    Loco5150, abel920 and xandros9 like this.
    02-20-2014 08:40 PM
    Remember the SDK isn't the final build of WP8.1.

Myabe they have spent more time in adding new features, adding new APIs, tweaking, etc.
    They could easily leave that for the end, I think sorting the settings list isn't some thing that would take the team a lot of time.

Let's hope so..
    02-20-2014 08:53 PM
    ... it still baffles me that they don't sort the settings list alphabetically. It may be too much to ask, but it will look so much nicer to have a good organized list. I hope they do it on WP8.1, but from the leaks we get so far, it doesn't seem like it. It can get frustrating sometimes when you're in a very fast paced environment, and you need to access your settings a lot.
    That's is not important. I like settings with its crazy look. It is gorgeous.
    02-20-2014 09:02 PM
    Hey OP! I totally understand how you feel. I have missed things many times going through the list more than once just to find something. You are correct.
    02-20-2014 09:08 PM
    This has always bothered me and has never made sense. Its such an easy and obvious thing to do and it hasn't been done
    02-20-2014 09:13 PM
    I respectfully disagree. The settings list is kind of organized by the things you go into the most at the top. I would hate for it to be in alphabetical order where I'm scrolling way down the list to find the Network settings, or other things I use a lot. Android and iOS don't sort their settings this way either. They are the same way, more common settings at the top.

I totally get what you're saying, I just think it would make it a lot more inefficient.
    James8561 likes this.
    02-20-2014 09:15 PM
    I respectfully disagree. The settings list is kind of organized by the things you go into the most at the top. I would hate for it to be in alphabetical order where I'm scrolling way down the list to find the Network settings, or other things I use a lot. Android and iOS don't sort their settings this way either. They are the same way, more common settings at the top.
    I belive you are correct. The idea was probably to get the most commonly used settings at the top. I don't believe that sorting the settings alphabetically would help a lot because the user may not know the exact name of the setting. However, most people will say that the current Settings menu is confusing. It's very long, and for the most part there's no rhyme or reason to the order other than the top few being the most used settings. My opinion is that it would be much better to group the settings.
    02-20-2014 09:47 PM

I totally get what you're saying, I just think it would make it a lot more inefficient.
    I would agree with you a few months ago. But now that we have an Action Centre, you can have your most used features there, leaving the ones that you almost never use to the Settings where they could be organised alphabetically. Either way, it's not something that bothers me.

Enviado do meu iPad usando o WPCentral Forums
    02-21-2014 04:56 AM

They've at least put pretty useful ones at the top. I'd hate it if I always had to scroll to the bottom of the list for wi-fi or ringtones/sounds.
    It would be nice if you could just order them the way you wanted though.
    02-21-2014 10:33 PM
    Some icons might help then the text would be less important.

And yes, I find the ordering confusing!
    02-21-2014 11:08 PM
    i would like to have a dynamic list. Why do i have to be stuck with the list of things other people use the most- i mean, ringtone settings first??
    02-22-2014 12:46 AM