Wp8.1 developer preview

pranayhotkar

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone please tell me how to update my phone with the developer preview version of the 8.1 update ,step by step which is going to be released on 2april

Manu Tyagi

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
get your account registered @ apps.windowsstore.com

install preview for developers app on your mobile and check the box "Enable Preview for Developers"

this will work only when MS releases the preview for developers....

truly_sk

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
1. Sign up for developer preview via the various possible ways.
2. Download the preview for developer app for windows phone app from the store.
3.login to the app.
4. Wait impatiently like the rest of us...

pranayhotkar

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
1. Sign up for developer preview via the various possible ways.
2. Download the preview for developer app for windows phone app from the store.
3.login to the app.
4. Wait impatiently like the rest of us...
umm..i didn't quite get the first step,how to sign up ,i downloaded the preview app and i tried to log into it via my Microsoft account but i couldn't !

truly_sk

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
umm..i didn't quite get the first step,how to sign up ,i downloaded the preview app and i tried to log into it via my Microsoft account but i couldn't !

Sorry maybe that step 1 was a bit vague, register as a developer with App Studio first then login with those credentials.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
So I have never downloaded a dev preview and always just waited (Lumia 920 AT&T) but I may consider it for WP8.1.

1.) is it possible to restore to Lumia black (just in case.. for some reason.. )
2.) what features would be "missing".. I assume everything that nokia put in their firmware updates?
3.) would my phone know it's a lumia still for the nokia apps?
4.) do I lose my apps and have to reinstall them?
5.) when wp8.1 is released, do I lose anything by updating to that? Or do I not actually update to that since im essentially on the same OS (but not firmware / etc)?
5a.) like how in w8 -> w8.1 you lost your installed apps and such when updating from preview to regular, does the same happen if updating from wp8.1 dev preview to release do you lose anything?

Thanks guys.. and really anything else you care to share :)

pranayhotkar

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
So I have never downloaded a dev preview and always just waited (Lumia 920 AT&T) but I may consider it for WP8.1.

1.) is it possible to restore to Lumia black (just in case.. for some reason.. )
2.) what features would be "missing".. I assume everything that nokia put in their firmware updates?
5.) when wp8.1 is released, do I lose anything by updating to that? Or do I not actually update to that since im essentially on the same OS (but not firmware / etc)?
5a.) like how in w8 -> w8.1 you lost your installed apps and such when updating from preview to regular, does the same happen if updating from wp8.1 dev preview to release do you lose anything?

well about the installed apps getting uninstalled ,i don't know about that .....but after you install dev preview you will still run nokias black firmware and Microsoft's wprt8.1

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
1) You will still be on Lumia Black so no need to restore that. The dev prev will only update the OS, the firmware will stay at Lumia Black.

2) Nokia's Black update will remain. MS might add more OS features for the final release of 8.1 but no-one knows what might happen at that point as the Dev Prev isn't even out yet.

3) Yes.

4) You still own your apps, and unless you need to do a hard reset you won't have to download them again.

5) You will get the final update when it is released even if you are on Dev Prev.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
2) Nokia's Black update will remain. MS might add more OS features for the final release of 8.1 but no-one knows what might happen at that point as the Dev Prev isn't even out yet.

The last dev preview was essentially the final release without some of the carrier customizations (like ringtones). On AT&T they still had DataSense removed the last time.
At this stage they are more likely to remove features rather than add them if there are any issues that come up.

Interestingly the dev preview app had an update about a month ago that had people buzzing about it being related to 8.1.

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

I have a lumia 520 with gdr3 developer preview, and my mobile carrier won't bring black anytime soon, will i be able to get the 8.1 developer preview in my current state, or will i have to flash a black rom to my phone then update to 8.1 dev preview?

abdullah abu alasal

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Can someone help me
i have Nokia Lumia 520
windowsphone 8 black
and i downloaded preview for developers app two days ago i signed in and i enrolled in the preview
but when i check for update
they tell me that my phone is up to date

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Can someone help me
i have Nokia Lumia 520
windowsphone 8 black
and i downloaded preview for developers app two days ago i signed in and i enrolled in the preview
but when i check for update
they tell me that my phone is up to date

the dev preview or the update hasn't been released. if you are wondering about the leaks, those were a selected few.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I would just like to share these two vids of a dude with I think is a dev preview (in case you haven't seen 'em).

Action Center: Action Centre in Windows Phone 8.1 - YouTube
Swipe function: Swipe Keyboard in Windows Phone 8.1 - YouTube

I'm pretty curious on how did they got their hands on a preview. I'm very jelly.
Could be lots of ways really, beta testing being the most likely. But he could get it for example with an leaked ROM from a friend who works at MSFT or any other [illegal] manner they choose.

Just like the leaking of the iphone 4, which was left at a bar by one of the apple employe's if i was correct, its really hard for an company to silence all it's testers about anything.
It will leak anyway, for ex if i was a tester i might tell my girlfriend [or kids if i had any] and they might tell others etc etc.

pranayhotkar

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Could be lots of ways really, beta testing being the most likely. But he could get it for example with an leaked ROM from a friend who works at MSFT or any other [illegal] manner they choose.

Just like the leaking of the iphone 4, which was left at a bar by one of the apple employe's if i was correct, its really hard for an company to silence all it's testers about anything.
It will leak anyway, for ex if i was a tester i might tell my girlfriend [or kids if i had any] and they might tell others etc etc.
LOL dude ,so this is someone's girlfriend's work ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs