Better app list

Michael Bull2

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Okay when you slide right you currently get a list, why cant we have just a screen of app icons like a iphone layout. I know what my apps are, hate having to scroll up and down. Maybe you could have a setting to hide apps you don't want to see or use much like calculator or onenote? You could even arrange so most used apps appear on top. My JB iphone used to have an app that could put your most used apps first and automatically order. 😃

Last edited:

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay when you slide right you currently get a list, why cant we have just a screen of app icons like a iphone layout. I know what my apps are, hate having to scroll up and down. Maybe you could have a setting to hide apps you don't want to see or use much like calculator or onenote? You could even arrange so most used apps appear on top. My JB iphone used to have an app that could put your most used apps first and automatically order. 

The app list was always one of the shining features of Windows Phone from 7.0 on. That is one area MS did not screw up. The last thing I'd want is what you're suggesting.

Connor Price

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I agree with smoledman. That's one feature that is done right on WP. If you don't want to scroll through the list, either use the search or pin your most used apps to the start screen.

Michael Bull2

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I agree you can pin, but the option of a list or just icons would ne a nice touch. Live tiles are all good, but how many will you have/use when you have a notification centre?

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Dude you are not thinking right, if you would change the list into an app icons grid like in iOS, then you would basically have 2 different looking homescreens next to each other. That would look extremely awkward. The list is good, but can be improved, and it will be in wp8.1!

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the OP . WP users should be given the choice: do you want a list or grid/icons view ?
I say add an option in the settings to put the user in control of what they want just like in Symbian phones when you had the 2 options available
and it is true some apps are there and I don't know anything about because they are at the bottom of the alphabets and no one notifies me about them, I just downloaded them an di forgot about them

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you want it to look like an Iphone, buy an Iphone. I like it how it is. Once you have I believe 45 apps you are given the option to find the app by the 1st letter. Faster than scrolling through screen after screen of icons....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster