The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Okay when you slide right you currently get a list, why cant we have just a screen of app icons like a iphone layout. I know what my apps are, hate having to scroll up and down. Maybe you could have a setting to hide apps you don't want to see or use much like calculator or onenote? You could even arrange so most used apps appear on top. My JB iphone used to have an app that could put your most used apps first and automatically order. 😃
    Last edited by Michael Bull2; 02-22-2014 at 01:55 AM.
    02-22-2014 01:43 AM
    Okay when you slide right you currently get a list, why cant we have just a screen of app icons like a iphone layout. I know what my apps are, hate having to scroll up and down. Maybe you could have a setting to hide apps you don't want to see or use much like calculator or onenote? You could even arrange so most used apps appear on top. My JB iphone used to have an app that could put your most used apps first and automatically order. 
    The app list was always one of the shining features of Windows Phone from 7.0 on. That is one area MS did not screw up. The last thing I'd want is what you're suggesting.
    02-22-2014 03:53 AM
    I agree with smoledman. @ Michael Bull2 you can always pin your most used apps at least that's what I do.
    02-22-2014 04:50 AM
    Same here. I agree with smoledman. That's one feature that is done right on WP. If you don't want to scroll through the list, either use the search or pin your most used apps to the start screen.
    02-22-2014 06:18 AM
    I agree you can pin, but the option of a list or just icons would ne a nice touch. Live tiles are all good, but how many will you have/use when you have a notification centre?
    02-22-2014 07:53 AM
    Plus after the black update on my lumia 520 my live tiles seem to be updating less and less, not sure why?
    02-22-2014 07:54 AM
    Dude you are not thinking right, if you would change the list into an app icons grid like in iOS, then you would basically have 2 different looking homescreens next to each other. That would look extremely awkward. The list is good, but can be improved, and it will be in wp8.1!
    02-22-2014 07:58 AM
    I agree with the OP . WP users should be given the choice: do you want a list or grid/icons view ?
    I say add an option in the settings to put the user in control of what they want just like in Symbian phones when you had the 2 options available
    and it is true some apps are there and I don't know anything about because they are at the bottom of the alphabets and no one notifies me about them, I just downloaded them an di forgot about them
    03-01-2014 02:51 AM
    If you want it to look like an Iphone, buy an Iphone. I like it how it is. Once you have I believe 45 apps you are given the option to find the app by the 1st letter. Faster than scrolling through screen after screen of icons....
    Schnuffi likes this.
    03-01-2014 04:30 AM