Finally Looks like wp8.1 fix Other storage issue.. check it out...!!!

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Lol.. in which time u living dude.. every1 still facing contineous other size increment issue.. even after gdr2 n 3 also..

Other Storage has never exceeded 2GB on my Lumia 1020, and usually hangs around 1.3GB-1.5GB. I'm not sure what time you're living in... Even WPC confirmed that Other Storage was fixed in GDR2. For devices already suffering (I.E: anything that was running prior to GDR2), might still have some Other Storage left over. But a hard reset post-GDR2, and Other Storage shouldn't be an issue.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
When I got GDR2 my other storage was at 475mb, I have since gotten GDR3/black and since 2 my other storage never gets past 500mb. It will rise up to 495mb and then goes back down to around 450mb. Rises up to around 500 and then goes back down again. Don't know if it made a difference; but I added a 64GB SD card to my 820 and all pics; videos, music and maps goes to the SD card. Still have over 55GB left on the SD card. Other storage has not been a problem and I don't really think I ever had a problem with it. Things will be nice if 8.1 allows putting apps on the SD card. IF that happens I probably won't upgrade for awhile. I like the 820; and think its the most underated phone in t he Lumia line. Same guts as the 9XX series; but smaller and with a removeable battery, and a SD card Slot. The upgrades has made it even better.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
my 920 is on Black.... Other storage is at 2.9GB...
my guess is my old email (i have 4 accounts) has been cached. Also, I frequently installed/removed apps and sometimes re-install them... seems some of the data remains in limbo within
Do really hope wp8.1 does a decent job of purging it out....
cant wait...

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what time you're living in... Even WPC confirmed that Other Storage was fixed in GDR2.
Oh sure. First, we were supposed to disable camera roll backup, then it was supposed to be fixed in GDR2, then we were supposed to roll our time forwards by two weeks to clear temporary files, then Update 3 was supposed to bring a way to clear the files… and so it goes.

Storage is still buggy as heck for many people, I've hard resetted my device since getting Update 3 and I'm missing 4GB.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Oh sure. First, we were supposed to disable camera roll backup, then it was supposed to be fixed in GDR2, then we were supposed to roll our time forwards by two weeks to clear temporary files, then Update 3 was supposed to bring a way to clear the files? and so it goes.

Storage is still buggy as heck for many people, I've hard resetted my device since getting Update 3 and I'm missing 4GB.

Huh, odd. I've personally not witnessed any Other Storage issues on either my Lumia 1020 nor Lumia 520, so I honestly don't know what to say. :/ For me, it's been fixed my entire WP8 carrier, so I pity those who've had to suffer.

rain620

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
What is best to do is to make users decide if the files and craps stored in the Other Storage should be deleted or not. This is better than resorting to a hard reset everytime. As an owner of an 8-GB device, I already reset my phone thrice just to get rid of that and be able to install more apps. Some say that GDR2 fixed the issue, but apparently, for me, it didn't. Good thing I'm this patient :angel:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre