02-27-2014 02:04 AM
27 12
tools

Wowww! ;)
    02-23-2014 02:27 PM
    How can you not show the action center???
    02-23-2014 02:37 PM
    How can you not show the action center???
    They already showed it in previous videos.
    So, in this video they show general look and features/settings of the system.
    02-23-2014 02:43 PM
    FM Radio on Lumia 920? Hmm...
    02-23-2014 02:50 PM
    FM Radio on Lumia 920? Hmm...
    My L920 has FM radio since GDR2.
    02-23-2014 03:02 PM
    OMG! Finally a real vid! Transitions look nicer and smoother!!
    02-23-2014 03:05 PM
    Here’s the list of the new Windows Phone features caught on camera in this video :

• Speed Dial
      Another basic feature ticked off from the “Missing from Windows Phone” list. Nothing much to add here. Can be accessed from the phone log in a tab like History.
    • Internet Explorer
      Windows Phone 8.1 is bringing Internet Explorer 11, which will be covered in detail by us later on. Amongst the changes caught on camera here are:
      * Data Sense for Internet Explorer can now be configured from the main Internet Explorer settings.
      * There appears to be something called “Reading View. We will update the post tomorrow with more details on the same tomorrow.
      * Password Manager for Web Sites
    • Calendar
      Took them long enough, but Calendar is finally getting a much needed feature bump with Week & Year views.
    • Battery Power Sense
      Another major addition for the Windows Phone platform, Battery Power Sense is a module which monitors detailed battery stats, including app wise battery usage. Hope this evolves into an informative live tile in time.
    • Photos
      Looks like the first major update to Photos hub is here. Now, upon opening the Photos hub, you are directly taken to an All Photos view. Also, Facebook & SkyDrive (Now OneDrive) albums appear to have finally been nested under online albums, instead of being made visible by default along with your local albums.
    • Storage Sense
      The Storage settings module has now been renamed to Storage Sense and lets you configure where to store your new Music, Videos & Podcasts, Photos, Apps and Downloads from between your internal storage or SD card.
    • Podcasts
      Windows Phone finally has a dedicated Podcasts app with music and video support. You can search and subscribe to Podcasts from a list curated by Bing.
    • Project My Screen
      Project your phone’s display to a TV, Monitor or Projector using either a Wiressless Device or USB connectivity.
    • Sync Settings
      Now you can sync your Theme, Passwords and Internet Explorer data along with App Settings online.
    • Advertising ID
      You can now reset your Advertising ID.
    02-23-2014 03:05 PM
    whaa?!? I thought the tuner wasn't in the 920... >.< I don't know what's real anymore!
    shishirdbhat likes this.
    02-23-2014 03:06 PM
    whaa?!? I thought the tuner wasn't in the 920... >.< I don't know what's real anymore!
    you have FM Tuner. Verizon got the custom 928 and saved $0.0001 per device by disabling it.

*scowl*
    boshkop and taymur like this.
    02-23-2014 03:15 PM
    Looks beautiful... I'm so excited!!! How did he flash the device, though?

One thing very disappointing: they didn't reorganize the Setting menu. With all the new features... It's more messy and unorganized than ever, and made worse by the lack of a search feature.

I can cope, but it seems really overwhelming to a first time user, especially someone getting their first smartphone. Almost Android-like, in terms of messiness, really... (And actually, Android has a better organize settings screen than Windows Phone, at the moment... :/).
    02-23-2014 03:20 PM
    but cortana?
    taymur likes this.
    02-23-2014 03:26 PM
    Looks beautiful... I'm so excited!!! How did he flash the device, though?

One thing very disappointing: they didn't reorganize the Setting menu. With all the new features... It's more messy and unorganized than ever, and made worse by the lack of a search feature.

I can cope, but it seems really overwhelming to a first time user, especially someone getting their first smartphone. Almost Android-like, in terms of messiness, really... (And actually, Android has a better organize settings screen than Windows Phone, at the moment... :/).
    You're right. But I think "quick settings" make it a little easier to access some settings.
    At least, we won't have to struggle with so long settings list for some settings. But as you said, it would be great with a more tidier view.
    02-23-2014 03:31 PM
    but cortana?
    Cortana is disabled at this point.
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-23-2014 03:37 PM
    but cortana?
    Not in the SDK. There are a few hints to it: here and there, but Cortana its (her?) self doesn't feature. I guess Microsoft is still polishing it, or they didn't want everything to get leaked... :P
    02-23-2014 05:06 PM
    You're right. But I think "quick settings" make it a little easier to access some settings.
    At least, we won't have to struggle with so long settings list for some settings. But as you said, it would be great with a more tidier view.
    Yeah, the Action Center will be able to handle my more frequent settings, so the daunting task of digging through settings won't be so frequent.

But it's still annoying how a design language that so heavily emphasizes being clean and readable, as such a mess of a setting menu... It really needs to be tidied up. At least bring it more on par with what's currently in Windows 8.1, in terms of organization,
    02-23-2014 05:07 PM
    but it looks like it was split into its own app. I guess that's a good idea
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    02-23-2014 10:53 PM
    but it looks like it was split into its own app. I guess that's a good idea
    True , since they remove music+videos in 8.1, which includes fm radio , so it may have a separate application in the app list :)

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums
    02-23-2014 11:13 PM
    - Facebook is in the people hub.
    - tabs are there in IE.
    most of people said they weren't there in the SDK.
    02-24-2014 03:00 AM
    most of people said they weren't there in the SDK.
    Because they are not. Microsoft either disabled or removed them on purpose, either to hide them until the announcement, or because they're not complete/working yet due to changes.

Learn the difference between an SDK+emulator and a later build running on a device. This build clearly has some new features enabled and working, which the SDK build doesn't. Tabs and favourites in IE from the SDK build are completely missing, so is the Facebook account and People hub integration. You only see the Facebook logo on the people tile still left there, same can be seen in the video, so we can't really tell if this build has Facebook integration or not.
    wasim sallam likes this.
    02-24-2014 03:10 AM
    Because they are not. Microsoft either disabled or removed them on purpose, either to hide them until the announcement, or because they're not complete/working yet due to changes.

Learn the difference between an SDK+emulator and a later build running on a device. This build clearly has some new features enabled and working, which the SDK build doesn't. Tabs and favourites in IE from the SDK build are completely missing, so is the Facebook account and People hub integration. You only see the Facebook logo on the people tile still left there, same can be seen in the video, so we can't really tell if this build has Facebook integration or not.
    yes, I think there is a lot of stuff MSFT didn't include it in the SDK.
    I hope we see a lot of good things soon.
    02-24-2014 05:18 AM
    3 live tiles???
    02-24-2014 07:49 AM
    Maybe that's included too, but somebody will have to confirm it though
    02-24-2014 11:20 AM
    So how close to the final version is this? I assume that the sdk is aimed at developers so things like 3 tiles, backgrounds, organising the settings menu and other UI tweaks may be present in the final release but not in the SDK release?

At least that's what I'm hoping.
    02-24-2014 02:50 PM
    So how close to the final version is this? I assume that the sdk is aimed at developers so things like 3 tiles, backgrounds, organising the settings menu and other UI tweaks may be present in the final release but not in the SDK release?

At least that's what I'm hoping.
    So he didn't take a video of the build number so we can't tell how close to a "final" build it is, but rumor has it that it will RTM right before build (I think someone said April 1st or 2nd) so if that is the case, they have a little bit before a final build is done, and im sure they are working very hard on it as we speak to get it polished and done and last minute tweaks. I am not sure if this is a build from before or after the dev SDK leaks.

That being said, there are features not in the SDK that will be in the RTM build (such as how tabs and such are in this video for IE11 but not in the SDK leaks) that MS has disabled or hidden (i.e. Cortana) that we will find at Build on April 2nd.
    02-24-2014 03:55 PM
    Finally the Facebook logo on the People live tile was updated!
    02-24-2014 10:56 PM
27 12