We Need This!

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Another thing we need to have is themes like Windows 8 - i.e. a theme file would be a background image (or multiple ones shuffling at intervals) + custom tile color (preferably with option to set light gradients for tile color in addition to solid tile color)

Such themes should be made available in a seperate 'themes' section in the WP store

Of course, a desktop app should be released with which anyone can easily make wp8 theme files and send to their phones.

weesals

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Themes would be great! I'd really like to see custom tile colours too, so that they can be made more cohesive, instead of having some arbitrarily green ones.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It would be nice if Microsoft give us the same red dragon live wallpaper (one found on windows 8.1) on our lumia , when I scroll dragon tail moves in the same direction .

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Comment the photos on uservoice (under the background image idea). Hopefully MS would see it and do something about it.

Btw, am I the only one having technical issues with the forums today

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It would be nice if Microsoft give us the same red dragon live wallpaper (one found on windows 8.1) on our lumia , when I scroll dragon tail moves in the same direction .

Actually I don't think it would work. On W8.1 you have more free screen space where you can see those animations like the dragon one. On WP8.1 the screen is mostly covered with tiles and there is almost no free space left. You wouldn't see the dragon moving even if it was there because the tiles would be covering it. Backgrounds work on WP but they have to be very simplistic, like plain colours or gradients.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Actually I don't think it would work. On W8.1 you have more free screen space where you can see those animations like the dragon one. On WP8.1 the screen is mostly covered with tiles and there is almost no free space left. You wouldn't see the dragon moving even if it was there because the tiles would be covering it. Backgrounds work on WP but they have to be very simplistic, like plain colours or gradients.

Even if you can barely see it, it's a nice gimmick. Have you used iOS7 with parallax enabled? Basically the screen has this tiny 3d effect while you're holding the phone. I mean, it's like ridiculously faint. I was trying to figure out how to turn it on on my mom's iphone but then realized it was already on. Basically moral is, it's a little touch that probably doesn't take much extra engineering or processing power. Might as well do it! Someone will notice it :)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Even if you can barely see it, it's a nice gimmick. Have you used iOS7 with parallax enabled? Basically the screen has this tiny 3d effect while you're holding the phone. I mean, it's like ridiculously faint. I was trying to figure out how to turn it on on my mom's iphone but then realized it was already on. Basically moral is, it's a little touch that probably doesn't take much extra engineering or processing power. Might as well do it! Someone will notice it :)

How to turn it of ? This new parallax made me sick , the new animations in iOS made me puke :/
It's a half bakes os by apple

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss