WP 8.1 is missing something

honeyrapper

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
You don't have to talk in that aggressive way to state your point. In the beginning you did make sense , people want to enjoy their photos. But the photos app is be more than just enjoying a photo.
You have to share that photo , edit it , favorite it and delete it if you dont like it. And all of this should be one touch away from the user. that's what makes an OS successful and win the hearts of many.
I'm no photographer I take bad photos and im sure everyone else does too. So dont address me as a retard who can't use his phone.

Sorry bro I didn't mean to be an a$$**le, it just sounded funny whn I wrote it.
Anyway, since both photos and the screen are the same aspect t ratio (~16:9) it'd be foolish not to use the full screen area. And if you read my reply for Kage Maru, maybe that's the middle ground update you were waiting for. You still have to tap the screen to bring up the bar, but you can do it anywhere and not look for the three dots in the corner. I just wish it stayed put though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
that's actually a really nice idea and its satisfactory to everyone
Wish they would implement it

And btw I didn't shun anyone. People attacked my idea aggressively so I had to talk back. Its that simple

I was actually referring to you being shunned for thinking differently. =P

May have been a strong term but I don't think it's beneficial to our community if every idea against the norm were dismissed and suggestions to jump ship were made.

Shivam Chandel

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Ma personal openion,thats what I like about wp, yeah those are two steps, but it makes it clean.how often we delete a pic?but how often we open photo app to watch, so as far for me I love it this way..

ForceablePlace

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
There is a picture lock screen, What are you talking about? Go to your settings, Then your Lockscreen settings, and you can choose a picture for your Lock Screen (Unless you mean StartScreen, in witch case wait for the 8.1 update, it will either have a background picture available, or the ability to "cloak" your apps, so they show your picture (Shown Here: Windows Phone 8.1 custom images for Live Tiles on the Start screen revealed | Windows Phone Central), but please explain more.)

I think they was referring to picture password like on Windows 8.1.

DaviUnic

May 31, 2013
Visit site
what i think is missing is that the live tiles and lockscreen updates only after 30 mins. it should be changed to a second or a minute at least.

1 second or even a minute update interval would put a strain on the battery + increase network traffic (wifi or cellular) for some tiles. Which is why it was set to 30 minutes minimum, though 10 minutes would probably be better IMO...

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
This is why more people are getting fat. So lifting a finger more than one time is tiring.

This is about efficiency or preference, not laziness.

what i think is missing is that the live tiles and lockscreen updates only after 30 mins. it should be changed to a second or a minute at least.

That would kill the battery, which is why it's suggested that people change their emails to update to 30+ minutes at a time if they receive a lot of emails to that account. Constant updates of information being pushed to the phone is a good way to kill your battery life.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I think that live tiles should update faster like a reader and the OS should allow for clock tiles with messaging apps to update for frequently.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I think that live tiles should update faster like a reader and the OS should allow for clock tiles with messaging apps to update for frequently.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Why? Do you really want to have to charge your phone every few hours? If there is to be a change in the power/tile trade off it should be to allow more live tiles before they all cease to update. Even that would need some careful calculation by MS to avoid disaster.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
This is about efficiency or preference, not laziness.

That would kill the battery, which is why it's suggested that people change their emails to update to 30+ minutes at a time if they receive a lot of emails to that account. Constant updates of information being pushed to the phone is a good way to kill your battery life.

That should be up to the consumer. It shouldn't be up to the OS vendor to dictate to a person how it should used. Sure they can tell you what the implications may be, but it should be up to the consumer to decide. Does a TV manufacturer put limits on how you can use a TV? Does the manuf of a chair dictate how you use the chair? If people want to have constant updates of email, that should be their choice knowing that it can kill the battery.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Why? Do you really want to have to charge your phone every few hours? If there is to be a change in the power/tile trade off it should be to allow more live tiles before they all cease to update. Even that would need some careful calculation by MS to avoid disaster.

I think we should be given a choice, android devices do last more than a couple of Horus, but i hate the ux on android. It should be our choice, and it does not look like this functionality is coming.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
That should be up to the consumer. It shouldn't be up to the OS vendor to dictate to a person how it should used. Sure they can tell you what the implications may be, but it should be up to the consumer to decide. Does a TV manufacturer put limits on how you can use a TV? Does the manuf of a chair dictate how you use the chair? If people want to have constant updates of email, that should be their choice knowing that it can kill the battery.

I think we should be given a choice, android devices do last more than a couple of Horus, but i hate the ux on android. It should be our choice, and it does not look like this functionality is coming.

What you two don't seem to understand is that the average consumer is REALLY ignorant. You say leave it up to the consumer, but then we see the average consumer complain that their WP phone is dying too quickly and they don't understand why. Even if the UI included a little caption that turning on this feature could affect battery life, I'm sure many would still not notice.

There are certain tiles that will update in real time, such as messaging, emails, and Me tile, but it's a deliberate design choice of the OS to maximize battery life. So it's not really the vendor that is dictating this choice, it's the masses.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
that should be up to the consumer. It shouldn't be up to the os vendor to dictate to a person how it should used. Sure they can tell you what the implications may be, but it should be up to the consumer to decide. Does a tv manufacturer put limits on how you can use a tv? Does the manuf of a chair dictate how you use the chair? If people want to have constant updates of email, that should be their choice knowing that it can kill the battery.

icam!

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
What you two don't seem to understand is that the average consumer is REALLY ignorant. You say leave it up to the consumer, but then we see the average consumer complain that their WP phone is dying too quickly and they don't understand why. Even if the UI included a little caption that turning on this feature could affect battery life, I'm sure many would still not notice.

There are certain tiles that will update in real time, such as messaging, emails, and Me tile, but it's a deliberate design choice of the OS to maximize battery life. So it's not really the vendor that is dictating this choice, it's the masses.

Then let the many tthat do continue in their ignorance. Other wise, it should be left to the consumer how they want to use the products they pay for. As long as it's not being used to harm anyone or in a manner that voids the warranty

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb