WP 8.1 is missing something

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Ok then unlock the boot loaders and let us have at it if you brick you brick its on your dime not MS, then we can do what we want yet ms still has there say for the ignorant people out there.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Then let the many tthat do continue in their ignorance. Other wise, it should be left to the consumer how they want to use the products they pay for. As long as it's not being used to harm anyone or in a manner that voids the warranty

Problem with the masses is the lack of self-awareness or accountability. What happens when these ignorant people turn on constant tile updates and their phones die much quicker? It's not their fault that the phone is dying quicker, it's MS' or Nokia's fault.

It sucks, but holding back options sometimes protects both the consumer and the company. This is a perfect example of this.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion live tiles should have an option to be updated as notifications come but the user can Change how they update throughout different apps and can choose any time limit from 5 mins with an allow updates as they come option.

DaviUnic

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Then explain as I have no clue what that has to do with me wanting to have the option to do something with my phone and not have it dictated for me.

The manufacturer has certain rights regarding the product, just like you (the consumer). So if you don't like it, you can contact them and suggest a change or something, but in the end, it's all up to them if they want to do it or not. And then there's also a ton of other people who have a different opinion. They can't listen to all at once and have to make compromises. And as others said, in Microsoft's case, they'd probably get blamed for battery issues, etc. anyway. That's how things work in this world, if you're unable to comprehend that, make your own stuff. Problem solved.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
A pop up menu when holding down a blank space in the start screen. Like a right click on the mouse. Maybe the menu would contain options such as create app folder, change theme color, or rearrange tiles (in case you meant to perform that task).

ronty

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
1 second or even a minute update interval would put a strain on the battery + increase network traffic (wifi or cellular) for some tiles. Which is why it was set to 30 minutes minimum, though 10 minutes would probably be better IMO...
Actually, it should be something like, the user can decide the update interval for a specific live tile of an app. Most importantly, THEY SHOULD UPDATE PROPERLY. My battery, weather & currency converter tiles just do not update automatically.

DaviUnic

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Actually, it should be something like, the user can decide the update interval for a specific live tile of an app. Most importantly, THEY SHOULD UPDATE PROPERLY. My battery, weather & currency converter tiles just do not update automatically.

Yeah, there are some bugs with the updating, I hope they've fixed that in 8.1

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
What would make sense is if they added a pull to refresh at the top of the start screen that updates all the tiles at once but still update every 15-30 minutes. Then the user could just update them whenever they want, and save on battery life for the average consumer. Personally I think this is a good compromise

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
What would make sense is if they added a pull to refresh at the top of the start screen that updates all the tiles at once but still update every 15-30 minutes. Then the user could just update them whenever they want, and save on battery life for the average consumer. Personally I think this is a good compromise

I really like that idea.

DaviUnic

May 31, 2013
Visit site

That's actually a pretty cool idea. A great compromise, people can update whenever they want... :)

Kashan Osama

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

iOS :) NOTE: not saying that they shouldn't do it,or if they did it would be a 1:1 copy,Actually these are general things to consider and i guess it would be a well implemented function and would seamlessly play with the metro ui...so win win

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
iOS :) NOTE: not saying that they shouldn't do it,or if they did it would be a 1:1 copy,Actually these are general things to consider and i guess it would be a well implemented function and would seamlessly play with the metro ui...so win win

Pull to refresh was hardly an iOS thing; it's just more commonly associated with it. My dad's tablet PC from 2004 had pull to refresh in the browser.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
All I want is a proper queue send option through bluetooth we had in symbian days, mark files and send.

Mark all and delete all emails.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12