03-08-2014 09:27 AM
81 1234
tools
    I'm not pissed of because of this. This is an option, I get it. If I don't like it I don't use it. I'm pissed of because it looks like we are not going to have an option to change the actual background colour. We are stuck to black and white. That's what pisses me of!
    03-01-2014 05:32 PM
    Of curse it an option, but we are on a forum where everyone can post their opinions.
    Back to topic I wrote what I wrote becouse I don't think that their understand what the majority of users wanted when they voted for "background images".
    I`m all in for options, but the only use for this is to choose a solid color in exchange for missing ascent colors.
    Which is all well and good. I do think there are much more effective ways to voice your opinion without sounding like Armageddon has just begun, lol. Not specifically directing that towards.you. Just the internets need to overreact in general. Especially to things that are optional.

I do understand your point of view about the background image. That's the direction I was hoping for too. But I'm sure those who choose to use the option will figure out how to best apply it
    03-01-2014 06:09 PM
    Those who are all for this skins option don't realise how selfish they are being. They have the option to use these tile skins. But us, who wanted to change the actual background colour, aren't being given that option! Remember that.
    03-01-2014 06:55 PM
    You guys do love to whine.
    03-01-2014 07:18 PM
    You guys do love to whine.
    No, we love to be listened.
    03-01-2014 07:42 PM
    No, we love to be listened.
    Ummmm... Ok.

So you didn't get what you want, so you'll go in a thread about others getting what they did want and make the attention about you?
    03-01-2014 08:23 PM
    A sentence contains a statement and a reason, think about it.
    Whoever told you that lied.
    03-01-2014 08:24 PM
    Which is all well and good. I do think there are much more effective ways to voice your opinion without sounding like Armageddon has just begun, lol. Not specifically directing that towards.you. Just the internets need to overreact in general. Especially to things that are optional.

I do understand your point of view about the background image. That's the direction I was hoping for too. But I'm sure those who choose to use the option will figure out how to best apply it
    You are right, I should have sugar-coated the post. But that's what I felt, next time I'm gonna be more diplomatic.
    03-01-2014 08:24 PM
    Ummmm... Ok.

So you didn't get what you want, so you'll complain about some other people getting what they want?

...talk about selfish...
    I'm not complaining about them getting what they want. I'm expressing the fact that I don't like it, which I have the right to do, and complaining about the fact that I'm not getting something that I wanted.

Probably everybody is going to be selfish about this in their own way. Those who are happy will not give a sh*t about the fact that some aren't still getting what they want; those who are unhappy will not give a sh*t about those who like these skins because what they really wanted is still missing...

Now seriously, do you give up on something that you want first time someone says no to you?
    03-01-2014 08:34 PM
    Maybe the best thing would be the ability to change background color to more than just black and white and the skinned transparent tiled option as well. Maybe, maybe that would work well for most people. I am happy with the option they have right now(provided most 3rd party apps are optimized for this) and would like for others to be happy as well(with the different background color).

Well, you can't please everyone
    03-01-2014 08:52 PM
    ...But us, who wanted to change the actual background colour, aren't being given that option! Remember that.
    Do we know for sure that there won't be an option to change the background to a different colour or image? I'm hoping that not everything has leaked, even simple stuff like background colours. Let's hope to see even more subtle customization options during the official unveiling of 8.1. :)
    03-01-2014 08:54 PM
    This ***t is for the girls. Coz girls love pink colorful psychedelic ***t
    And dont worry, no girl gonna see this. Coz this a forum, only nerdy guys come here... Girls are texting..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    03-01-2014 09:05 PM
    Just adding more colours to the Themes selection won't work as it is deeply integrated into how XAML apps (i.e almost everything apart from games) are presented. For example a button in your app in the Dark Theme is white and in the Light theme it is black. So you either have to make sure your UI displays correctly on both themes or override every control to set the colours manually. They could add another option for start screen background but they might think having this and themes is confusing?
    03-01-2014 09:17 PM
    I'm not complaining about them getting what they want. I'm expressing the fact that I don't like it, which I have the right to do, and complaining about the fact that I'm not getting something that I wanted.

Probably everybody is going to be selfish about this in their own way. Those who are happy will not give a sh*t about the fact that some aren't still getting what they want; those who are unhappy will not give a sh*t about those who like these skins because what they really wanted is still missing...

Now seriously, do you give up on something that you want first time someone says no to you?
    No. But why go into a thread that's not about something else instead of making a thread that is actually about the subject you're complaining about?
    03-01-2014 10:00 PM
    This ***t is for the girls. Coz girls love pink colorful psychedelic ***t
    And dont worry, no girl gonna see this. Coz this a forum, only nerdy guys come here... Girls are texting..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    I sense insecurity.
    Last edited by Reflexx; 03-01-2014 at 10:22 PM.
    Paul May likes this.
    03-01-2014 10:01 PM
    There are apps that already do this..........nothing special to see here
    03-01-2014 11:04 PM
    EDIT: Look at the bottom right corner: Is this a live tile? If so, the image is clearly fake because the battery is full in the status bar!
    I don't know if its fake or not, but the battery tile doesn't update immediately. I have Battery Pro+ and sometimes it doesn't show what actually it is
    03-01-2014 11:14 PM
    There are apps that already do this..........nothing special to see here
    Nothing special? Wtf! It is a system level option, no more third party apps.
    03-01-2014 11:14 PM
    Sorry but i just hate it. The themes will go as far as it does on a Windows Desktop device. In the background.

Sent from my WINDOWS PHONE 8!
    03-02-2014 04:29 AM
    build-in skinery themes? I love it.
    03-02-2014 05:48 AM
    Just as I started to believe MS finally do all things right with wp 8.1 they implement this peace of sh*t. I bet they don't gonna let us set a background behind the tiles which is 1000 times better looking. Can't believe that they're so stupid.
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.
    03-02-2014 07:20 AM
    I love how people can moan about everything. It must be hard to be MS.
    meddyrainzo likes this.
    03-02-2014 08:05 AM
    Looks good to me. The windows 8.1 style will be worthless coz the space between tiles are too thin to make out a background picture.
    03-02-2014 08:24 AM
    Haaha great. This should be the reaction from a "designer team" at MS if you ask me.
    TheJoester09 likes this.
    03-02-2014 09:02 AM
    They should implement both options, then everyone will be satisfied.
    TheJoester09 likes this.
    03-02-2014 09:05 AM
81 1234