Another leaked image of customizable themes on WP8.1 blue Start screen..!!

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Personally I really like the idea of being able to change the underlying wallpaper to anything we want. Those two pics while being dissed as fake, maybe so, but isn't it the same background pics wpcentral had posted previously?

The change log for 8.1 said we'd have the ability to do this, or not so I'm totally in favor. I'm thinking the "light" and "dark" background options we have currently are pretty limited.

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't know,could be one or even both. But here it says chose background, so I'm guessing This one is behind

Unfortunately not. This is the only option we gonna get with wp 8.1, and it's for the tiles. On Tom Warren's twitter account someone said the tiles acts' like a window you can look through to see the wallpaper. So the wallpaper is static and the tiles gonna flow over the wallpaper when you scroll down.

Last edited:

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately not. This is the only option we gonna get with wp 8.1, and it's for the tiles. On Tom Warren's twitter account someone said the tiles acts' like a window you can look through to see the wallpaper. So the wallpaper is static and the tiles gonna flow over the wallpaper when you scroll down.

that's what I have been explaining for days now.... No one seems to get it. Its even written in wpc post, that tiles will be transparent.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
That's what I said, its behind the tiles if they are going to flow over it. Well anyway I don't really care about, I could do some customization in PhotoShop like I do for lock screen, Its only month left for 8.1. Waited for Black update over two months,can wait another moth easily))

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
where did you read tiles will be transparent? Please post a link

Quoting "Under Settings, users will indeed have an option to choose to a custom photo or image, which can then been used to ‘skin’ their Live Tiles. It actually works by making the Tiles transparent. The effect is certainly interesting...."
Link: Windows Phone 8.1 custom images for Live Tiles on the Start screen revealed | Windows Phone Central

I'm pretty convinced this is how It will be.... if not then we will have trouble playing a jigsaw puzzle with a limited tiles on the start screen.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I thought everyone should know in the beginning that this'd make the tiles transparent in order to look through to the wallpaper, and it'll keep flipping to unveil information with solid background color.
How can they think this's the same with what Skinery did? to cut an image to multiple pieces and arrange em on screen? That only some supported app can be placed?? If Microsoft really requires users to cut and arrange with only some apps in order to get the wallpaper then they're going to have a really bad time.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I thought everyone should know in the beginning that this'd make the tiles transparent in order to look through to the wallpaper, and it'll keep flipping to unveil information with solid background color.
How can they think this's the same with what Skinery did? to cut an image to multiple pieces and arrange em on screen? That only some supported app can be placed?? If Microsoft really requires users to cut and arrange with only some apps in order to get the wallpaper then they're going to have a really bad time.

Thank you. Everyone is freaking out, but as it seems, this feature will look great as a transparent tile. Finally a window ;)

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
putting pictures just kills the entire "simple" approach of WP. I would much rather have something like Windows 8, simple designs and things like that. IMHO.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
why do you guys want backgrounds so bad? theres almost no point! the tiles are to close together, youd only see a tiny piece at any given time, and adding transparency to the tiles would then add an inconsitancy to the OS and goes against metros design language, FFS if you want decade old outdated features then go back to lagdroid and IOS, WP is taking a much more modern approach to this.. you don't need cluttering backgrounds.

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
why do you guys want backgrounds so bad? theres almost no point! the tiles are to close together, youd only see a tiny piece at any given time, and adding transparency to the tiles would then add an inconsitancy to the OS and goes against metros design language, FFS if you want decade old outdated features then go back to lagdroid and IOS, WP is taking a much more modern approach to this.. you don't need cluttering backgrounds.
I've been wanting to say this for sooo long but I would have said it in an assehole way so as my mother said, "if you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all" so I didn't

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
don't mind the transparency as much if you can change the translucency of it, still some people really want it sk maybe now they will stop ********.....

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm against transparency because to put it bluntly, that is old, thats not what metro is about! do you see transparency anywhere else in the os? No, why make the start screen (the CORE of the os might i add) break its own rules and use a different design scheme! (also.. no one bring up the video player, thats transparent because it simply has to be)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
They should implement both options, then everyone will be satisfied.

When will people learn...You can NEVER maybe EVERYONE happy....EVER...

Microsoft could hand out a brand new 8.1 Phones made of SOLID GOLD to EVERYONE on this forum and I would bet that SOMEONE would b.i.t.c.h. about it.... There is no way to win this...

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
When will people learn...You can NEVER maybe EVERYONE happy....EVER...

Microsoft could hand out a brand new 8.1 Phones made of SOLID GOLD to EVERYONE on this forum and I would bet that SOMEONE would b.i.t.c.h. about it.... There is no way to win this...

I agree. But, by giving us both options, more people would happy than if they only gave us one.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I believe Daniel "The Great" Rubino said that, while this feature is conformed: we may not necessarily see it in this form. Therefore, it's entirely possible the custom image will be BEHIND the tiles, not on the tiles.

So lets chill a little. We've still got a few weeks before BUILD and we figure out what's going on here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb