Another leaked image of customizable themes on WP8.1 blue Start screen..!!

SIMONator24

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
One question, if you choose a background you will see it fully in the begin, but what if you scroll to under, will the background scroll with you or will it stand at its place?

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Daniel Rubino has stated that whether or not these are real, they are true to what's coming in wp8. Personally I like it, especially since it is optional.

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
This is great for those who want it. Personally, I'll most likely never use it. I just hope we have more options than the boring (imo) black and white for the actual backgrounds. Also, this would bring Windows Phone more inline with Windows, which MS are trying to achieve.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not pissed of because of this. This is an option, I get it. If I don't like it I don't use it. I'm pissed of because it looks like we are not going to have an option to change the actual background colour. We are stuck to black and white. That's what pisses me of!

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Of curse it an option, but we are on a forum where everyone can post their opinions.
Back to topic I wrote what I wrote becouse I don't think that their understand what the majority of users wanted when they voted for "background images".
I`m all in for options, but the only use for this is to choose a solid color in exchange for missing ascent colors.

Which is all well and good. I do think there are much more effective ways to voice your opinion without sounding like Armageddon has just begun, lol. Not specifically directing that towards.you. Just the internets need to overreact in general. Especially to things that are optional.

I do understand your point of view about the background image. That's the direction I was hoping for too. But I'm sure those who choose to use the option will figure out how to best apply it

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Those who are all for this skins option don't realise how selfish they are being. They have the option to use these tile skins. But us, who wanted to change the actual background colour, aren't being given that option! Remember that.

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Which is all well and good. I do think there are much more effective ways to voice your opinion without sounding like Armageddon has just begun, lol. Not specifically directing that towards.you. Just the internets need to overreact in general. Especially to things that are optional.

I do understand your point of view about the background image. That's the direction I was hoping for too. But I'm sure those who choose to use the option will figure out how to best apply it

You are right, I should have sugar-coated the post. But that's what I felt, next time I'm gonna be more diplomatic.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Ummmm... Ok.

So you didn't get what you want, so you'll complain about some other people getting what they want?

...talk about selfish...

I'm not complaining about them getting what they want. I'm expressing the fact that I don't like it, which I have the right to do, and complaining about the fact that I'm not getting something that I wanted.

Probably everybody is going to be selfish about this in their own way. Those who are happy will not give a sh*t about the fact that some aren't still getting what they want; those who are unhappy will not give a sh*t about those who like these skins because what they really wanted is still missing...

Now seriously, do you give up on something that you want first time someone says no to you?

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the best thing would be the ability to change background color to more than just black and white and the skinned transparent tiled option as well. Maybe, maybe that would work well for most people. I am happy with the option they have right now(provided most 3rd party apps are optimized for this) and would like for others to be happy as well(with the different background color).

Well, you can't please everyone

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
...But us, who wanted to change the actual background colour, aren't being given that option! Remember that.

Do we know for sure that there won't be an option to change the background to a different colour or image? I'm hoping that not everything has leaked, even simple stuff like background colours. Let's hope to see even more subtle customization options during the official unveiling of 8.1. :)

honeyrapper

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
This ***t is for the girls?. Coz girls love pink colorful psychedelic ***t
And dont worry, no girl gonna see this. Coz this a forum, only nerdy guys come here... Girls are texting..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

1101x10

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Just adding more colours to the Themes selection won't work as it is deeply integrated into how XAML apps (i.e almost everything apart from games) are presented. For example a button in your app in the Dark Theme is white and in the Light theme it is black. So you either have to make sure your UI displays correctly on both themes or override every control to set the colours manually. They could add another option for start screen background but they might think having this and themes is confusing?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not complaining about them getting what they want. I'm expressing the fact that I don't like it, which I have the right to do, and complaining about the fact that I'm not getting something that I wanted.

Probably everybody is going to be selfish about this in their own way. Those who are happy will not give a sh*t about the fact that some aren't still getting what they want; those who are unhappy will not give a sh*t about those who like these skins because what they really wanted is still missing...

Now seriously, do you give up on something that you want first time someone says no to you?

No. But why go into a thread that's not about something else instead of making a thread that is actually about the subject you're complaining about?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
This ***t is for the girls?. Coz girls love pink colorful psychedelic ***t
And dont worry, no girl gonna see this. Coz this a forum, only nerdy guys come here... Girls are texting..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

I sense insecurity.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb