Three Tile Columns

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
So its almost official with Tom Warren Confirming Three Columns for the start screens of all devices with screens of 4.5" and larger. He earlier leaked that they were testing it for lower resolution devices as well, but now that seems unlikely to release. As far as authenticity goes, regulars on WPC know that Tom Warren has never failed in his leaks and has unfettered access to WP8.1 so we can assume he knows what he's talking about. Hence I've started a UserVoice request that they allow WVGA device users, who are the majority of WP users by far, the option to enable Three columns on the start screen.
Please Vote for it.

Three Columns/Show More Tiles for WVGA Devices

windows-phone-update-3-2.jpg

psgenious

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
BUt I have have a question , My lumia 625 ( 4.7 inch ) has not a better resolution . So does the three tile columns makes it blurry.?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what this debate could be. Want three tiles? Put them on. Do not? Don't. Seems a little self explanatory to me.

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
oh.. So Lumia 620 wont get three column :crying:
Well it really doesn't seem likely as of now. But MSFT hasn't finalized the Software yet, so a last minute change is possible but unlikely unless we make enough noise.

Is this confirmed? Well i like it personally but will the three columns fit properly in devices like 625,920,925,1020
Pretty much. Confirmed by the guy who has leaked almost all the major WP8.1 features(Tom Warren). These days any new leaks are only considered authentic when he confirms them. Its a simple software tweak so it all three columns will fit well.

BUt I have have a question , My lumia 625 ( 4.7 inch ) has not a better resolution . So does the three tile columns makes it blurry.?
Honestly, yes. It will make it more blurry.

Not sure what this debate could be. Want three tiles? Put them on. Do not? Don't. Seems a little self explanatory to me.
Exactly, they should give us the choice. 920, 925, 1020 and other 4.5"/720p devices will have a simple choice to show more tiles. Those who want them can have them the others can ignore them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon