it can be a multi window killer !!!

Apoorvdec

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
it we could control d app from our multi tasking screen it would be an awesome feature and would easily kill multi window feature of Samsung fones .....

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
dem englishz!

I don't see that happening to be honest. But I would really love some way of true multitasking on WP.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
A run in background option from multitasking would be nice. Things like downloads and some web pages could benefit from that so that you could drop them to background and let them do their thing. I remember being able to do it on a jail broken iPhone.

I don't see it anytime soon as it kind of goes in the other direction from Microsoft's multitasking approach right now. It protects battery, data usage, processing and memory from getting out of hand. That is the tradeoff. Without this we would have constant threads on here about "my phone is slowing down", "running out of memory", etc.

Even Here Maps can't download in the background. You have to sit there and wait for it to fully update.

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Seriously dude, improve your grammar, and don't complain about not being from an english speaking country, most modern browsers have autocorrect capabilities.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
dem englishz!

I don't see that happening to be honest. But I would really love some way of true multitasking on WP.
STOP RIGHT THERE!

First, what's a "true multitasking"?
Second, English isn't primary language for most of people, so stop being a little *****.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
STOP RIGHT THERE!

First, what's a "true multitasking"?
Second, English isn't primary language for most of people, so stop being a little *****.

English isn't my first language also, it's not even close to a first language, but I atleast try to talk correctly. Also if you come on an english forum, try to talk english.
And true multitasking would be what you have on Windows right now. You can pull 2 windows side by side. On most phones right now you can only use one app at a time while others are (sometimes) frozen in the background.
Samsung for example is working on that "true" multitasking with Note 3 being able to snap multiple apps on the screen at once.

Apoorvdec

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
every one, if u r talkin about my eng it is perfectly fine . it is just that i erite in short form .....
and in my previous post its is a typing mistake (it*if) ....

mrappbrain

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
every one, if u r talkin about my eng it is perfectly fine . it is just that i erite in short form .....
and in my previous post its is a typing mistake (it*if) ....

Seriously dude, if you do know English, then please make an attempt to type it as it is meant to be typed. These 'short forms' are not really saving you any time, as they don't let you take advantage if predictive text, and even if they do, it pisses everyone off and prevents them from actually answering your questions. People instead jump into a pointless conversation on how irritating texting lingo is. That is exactly what has happened here.

But I really don't get the point. How does writing 'you' as 'u' save you any significant time? Typing 'you' takes 1 second at the max, whereas 'u' may shave a couple of milliseconds off that time. Is that really worth irritating a bunch of people for?

It gets on my nerves, and a lot of others agree with me. It is forgivable if English is not your native language or if you are not proficient in it, but if you are as good at it as you claim, you really don't have an excuse for writing in short form.

At least try. We aren't your best buddies whom you're texting over WhatsApp. By all means, do it if the other person is okay with it, but would you really write like this in an English speaking forum?

If you insist on typing in short form, know that it makes your writing look like crap, and readers are turned off. Many don't even get to the end, and some may even cast aspersions on your intelligence. People will assume you lack linguistic ability.

And just so you know, you can edit your posts. You don't need to double post.

Last edited:

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Snap in Windows Phone could be nice, but we definitely need the option to have apps fully run in the background, e.g. downloading.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99