Finally... i present to you Cortana!

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Btw, the bubble thing posted previously, looks very nice, but is out of WP world.... doesn't fit at all. imo

boshkop

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
How would cortana know you are about to utter a command?

What do you mean? It could be like that - if there's a reminder for a meeting, she can read that out loud and then ask if you are attending or running late, etc.
If the phone hasn't been moved for an hour, this could mean that you are not nearby then she won't expect you to reply (and won't read out loud the reminder).

I know there are exceptions, that's just a thought. :)

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean? It could be like that - if there's a reminder for a meeting, she can read that out loud and then ask if you are attending or running late, etc.
If the phone hasn't been moved for an hour, this could mean that you are not nearby then she won't expect you to reply (and won't read out loud the reminder).

I know there are exceptions, that's just a thought. :)

Okay, we weren't talking about the same thing. I think you were talking about getting rid of the requirement to "tell" the device to expect a voice command while actively using it, while I was under the impression we were talking about a broader solution, that would eliminate that requirement even when you're not holding the device or using it in any way.

Last edited:

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
The best part of that entire video is when it showed that quiet hours will automatically turn on when I'm "busy" in meetings....can't wait for 8.1!!

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
The best part of that entire video is when it showed that quiet hours will automatically turn on when I'm "busy" in meetings....can't wait for 8.1!!

how do you think it will know you are in a meeting? Do you think they will make it based on the calendar, or maybe something more sophisticated 😁😁😁 can't wait...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb