What happened to the Lumia 1820

deejohdumb

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Seemed like there was a lot of buzz going on about the 1820, rumored specs that were amazing, and it was supposed to be announced at MWC. Didn't get announced and haven't heard anything about it since. Is it only a rumor?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I still stand by my conviction that the 1820 was someone's made up dream phone which they passed off as a rumor.

ArthJar

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Nothing happened to it. It just never existed. No phone will ever come with a lytro camera, ever, it's quality is just abysmal.

hemanlive

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
1820 will come, but this WMC was just too soon for it. I am sure that by the end of this year 1820 will surely be available in some countries. However, the specs will get 'leaked' a month or two before the actual launch. The buzz is around Lumia Martini for now. So expect that to see the light of day in 2 - 3 months time. 1820 will arrive only during the later part of the year.

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Nokia and MS are waiting for the April build,
All the new devices will be launched during April-May-June time frame.

Last year,925 was launched with GDR1,1020 with GDR2, and 1520 with GDR3.
Same way new updated software will be launched with new phones.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Seemed like there was a lot of buzz going on about the 1820, rumored specs that were amazing, and it was supposed to be announced at MWC. Didn't get announced and haven't heard anything about it since. Is it only a rumor?
The "leaker" had nothing to back up the claim. No proof, especially no credibility. The whole thing was just a scam to get people riled up, and it worked. Microsoft already stated that new devices won't be out until July, so we went expecting any new Windows Phones to be announced in MWC. Back to the leaker a bit more, the tweet was also deleted moments after being tweeted.

Sorry, but this one is being shot down quickly, as there was also never an official story by Windows Phone Central as well.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If it is ever released, the only thing in common would be the name.
Sheesh, a ~5" 2K display? Lytro? That sounds like some random doofus' dream phone.

redevall

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Still, if they were to have come up with a phone like that I believe they would have seen a flood of people running for it. The only reason I haven't upgraded from my Nokia 822 (VZW) is due to the ICON's lack of SD support. So hopefully...well, hopefully maybe its not just a pipedream and it will show up at the build conference next month.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
IDK where you guys heard about the lytro camera and all that BS, that really makes no sense.
It will probably be just another phone, with a normal camera and a fullHD display.

The only thing I heard about 1820 is that it will have improved voice control, which seems like cortana, so it will probably be another WP8.1 device (possibly a flagship).

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 1820-5.2"display-3 gig of ram-32 gig internal storage with micro SD and off course 8.1 in it.....would be the right size of phone for me.

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
IDK where you guys heard about the lytro camera and all that BS, that really makes no sense.
It will probably be just another phone, with a normal camera and a fullHD display.

The only thing I heard about 1820 is that it will have improved voice control, which seems like cortana, so it will probably be another WP8.1 device (possibly a flagship).

Nokia invested in Pelican imaging, a company that makes stuff that does the same thing as lytro and a Lumia with a lytro type camera has been rumored for a while. Also, 8.1 will merge WP and RT 85% and one of the specs of Windows 8.1/RT8.1 was 2k resolution display. Also, the Snapdragon 805 supports UHD so this is entirely believable. I just hope that it does not look like the Lumia 928 which IMO is fugly.

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Nokia invested in Pelican imaging, a company that makes stuff that does the same thing as lytro and a Lumia with a lytro type camera has been rumored for a while. Also, 8.1 will merge WP and RT 85% and one of the specs of Windows 8.1/RT8.1 was 2k resolution display. Also, the Snapdragon 805 supports UHD so this is entirely believable. I just hope that it does not look like the Lumia 928 which IMO is fugly.

The planet Mars has been proven to have had water on it and pictures indicate slow flow of seeping underground water. There have been rumors of alien structures on Mars. Martian rocks millions years old have been found on earth. A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, sentient being from one planet will migrate to another planet. Also, a Pelican is a type of bird so to think that Marvin the Martian is really an earthling is entirely believable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett