Any news about wp 8.1 plz share here..
    03-05-2014 02:30 AM
    There's a whole forum about the WP8.1 update what exactly are you after?
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-05-2014 02:38 AM
    Release date for existing Lumia phone's
    Paul May likes this.
    03-05-2014 03:40 AM
    BUILD next month. I'm eagerly waiting as well, but you can find loads of information in the forums.
    03-05-2014 04:27 AM
    There's several rumours but nothing confirmed. It could either be a long wait or a short one. Also in some cases carriers are the real road block

At this stage it's after BUILD. That's all we know for certain. I've heard the dev preview could be shortly after.
    03-05-2014 04:41 AM
    Download the preview for developers app here:

Preview for Developers | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Use the app to dev unlock your phone. After this is done, you should receive the update when MS send it out for the dev preview program. It's basically a way for MS to bypass carrier certification on their updates. Latest rumor is they plan to release the update at or around BUILD on April 2nd.
    Sarbuland Yatu and xandros9 like this.
    03-05-2014 09:21 AM
    Hmmm 2 April sounds awesome
    03-05-2014 12:32 PM
    Hmmm 2 April sounds awesome
    Post pics of gf or GTFO
    03-05-2014 12:38 PM
    Download the preview for developers app here:

Preview for Developers | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Use the app to dev unlock your phone. After this is done, you should receive the update when MS send it out for the dev preview program. It's basically a way for MS to bypass carrier certification on their updates. Latest rumor is they plan to release the update at or around BUILD on April 2nd.
    does effect the actual update?
    03-05-2014 02:24 PM
    does effect the actual update?
    No, if MS handles 8.1 the same way they handled GDR3, we should receive the same update that is being sent out to the carriers for certification. The only thing we won't get with the preview program is any manufacturer specific firmware updates. So while I was able to get GDR3 early on my 928, I still had to wait for Nokia's Black update to be certified and pushed to my phone.
    03-05-2014 03:41 PM
    No, if MS handles 8.1 the same way they handled GDR3, we should receive the same update that is being sent out to the carriers for certification. The only thing we won't get with the preview program is any manufacturer specific firmware updates. So while I was able to get GDR3 early on my 928, I still had to wait for Nokia's Black update to be certified and pushed to my phone.
    Oh...For....Sho...Chee...
    03-06-2014 02:22 AM
    I think I forgot a step that you need to register as a dev, the instructions are at this link:

Get GDR3 today: Microsoft announces Windows Phone Preview for Developers | Windows Phone Central
    03-06-2014 08:44 AM
    You also forgot to mention that you also have the honor to do the first bughunts.
    Because its the first ( preview ) release of the update, there is alway's a chanche that not all works like intended.
    So its not 100% without risk.
    03-06-2014 08:04 PM
    You also forgot to mention that you also have the honor to do the first bughunts.
    Because its the first ( preview ) release of the update, there is alway's a chanche that not all works like intended.
    So its not 100% without risk.
    There is never a 100% chance software will be bug free. Unless MS changes how they send out this update, what we receive through the preview program should be what they send to the carriers for certification. So it's not like we're beta testing the update.
    03-10-2014 10:45 AM
    So it's not like we're beta testing the update.
    I believe you mis the point why they spread the developers preview and call it the developerspreview.
    Its the "naked" version of the os, so that developers can use it as a testdrive ( not only the os but also for there apps ) before the regulair update.
    Thats why you need a developersaccount, if it wheren't than they just aswel can put it in the store for the mainstream to use.
    It was alsno never the intention of MS that the mainstream already had the GDR3 update before the official release.
    Therefore it's uncertan if they wil do it again at the same way, but thats a educated guess.
    03-10-2014 01:43 PM
    I believe you mis the point why they spread the developers preview and call it the developerspreview.
    Its the "naked" version of the os, so that developers can use it as a testdrive ( not only the os but also for there apps ) before the regulair update.
    Thats why you need a developersaccount, if it wheren't than they just aswel can put it in the store for the mainstream to use.
    It was alsno never the intention of MS that the mainstream already had the GDR3 update before the official release.
    Therefore it's uncertan if they wil do it again at the same way, but thats a educated guess.
    IIRC at the WP8 unveiling MS publicly announced that they would have a way for people to update their phone without awaiting carrier approval. It took a while to get here but the Preview app is their answer. They made it easy for the typical user to make an account and register it. It's an enthusiast program disguised as a dev program. I understand the intent is for developers to test drive the new OS for their apps, but that doesnt mean we are getting a beta or unfinished version of the update. Again, IF its anything like the GDR3 roll out, what we get in the preview program should be the same update sent out to carriers for certification.
    03-10-2014 02:53 PM
    I dont said its beta ;-)
    But there where slite diverance between the developers preview and the socalled official release.
    At first the dev preview came out, shortley after all the users who installed the preview had another update.....if they where the same why the changes?
    If that version was ready for the mainstream, then why the extra update?
    In the first release there where some imperfections.....buggs.
    I had them to, but after the second release they were gone.
    Remember the smal pictograms under the " back" button.
    Just tiny details but still.
    Last edited by SSgt Bruskowiz; 03-10-2014 at 04:57 PM.
    03-10-2014 04:47 PM