07-30-2014 09:15 AM
335 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Settings sounds good, but I really don't know why you would want to disable alphabetized ordering in applications. The networking options also I'm not sure how you would use it. Maybe of we had windows explorer then yes being able to browse networking paths and copying and pasting files and folders could be useful.

The email app is a single app. By default it gives you a different tile for each mailbox but they can be grouped together into a single one if you want already.

Jason

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    It wasn't about alphabetized ordering, but the alphabet-lettering of given groups. It is quite annoying when you only have a few apps, and the letters are there - half of my list is made up of them! And sincerely, I hate it. If I had like, 60 apps, then yes, it would be useful (like with contacts), but I don't, and such, I don't want it. And what gives, 8.1 on my 520 by default comes with enough apps preinstalled to trigger the titles, so I can't even make sure it won't get turned on.

Networking should be implemented the way OneDrive is. An app, "Network Locations", and enable it in Photo/Video picker, etc. - or indeed, have a proper file browser finally.

The e-mail app is indeed a single one, but it's still multiple instances of it. Every time you get into a mailbox, it's the same app but with different app-global settings. What I want on my phone is the way the desktop e-mail app works - one app, one app-global setup, and multiple accounts from which you can choose. Though the mailbox grouping is new to me. Care to elaborate more, maybe direct me to a topic about it?

Oh also, found one more thing. It's just a small addition, but whatever. The new boot logo, the Win logo on black background - why not make it the same colour as the accent? It would be a nice touch after all!
    04-15-2014 03:30 PM
    I want the option to play music Random. For my entire music catalog and for my playlists.
    Still can't tell when text message is to a group. Only see person sending it.
    Really thought Miracast would be in this update. Guess that's something from Nokia?
    04-15-2014 09:52 PM
    I want the option to play music Random. For my entire music catalog and for my playlists.
    Still can't tell when text message is to a group. Only see person sending it.
    Really thought Miracast would be in this update. Guess that's something from Nokia?
    The music player is a PoS at the moment, don't expect such features :P

Miracast is already there (Project My Screen in Settings), but most of the phones can't do it wireless. You need an MHL cable, and I believe most of the phones do not support that either.
    ryaoni likes this.
    04-16-2014 12:46 AM
    Nope,it doesn't work over MHL. You need an app running on the connected PC.
    04-16-2014 12:59 AM
    I want properly implemented sms read notifications. And attach anything to e-mail. These two should have been sorted ages ago
    gernerttl likes this.
    04-16-2014 03:36 PM
    - VPN Connection
    - Tethering via bluetooth (PAN)
    - Notification center
    - Profile management (Night, Day, Meeting, ....)
    - Improved multitasking (no more the tedious 'resuming...')
    - Native video call
    - Stop this stupid war with google and include Google Maps (Bing and Nokia are simply ridiculous compared to google) and YouTube
    A895 likes this.
    04-17-2014 05:06 AM
    When using SWYPE to fill out an email box, don't put spaces after/before words. let me swype the entire email without deleting spaces.
    04-17-2014 08:20 AM
    I agree... the lack of facebook chat is a real loss... as is the fact that you can't post an update to facebook/linkedIn/twitter all at the same time from PeopleHub... (though you can for linkedin and twitter)... BUT... I am pretty sure this is a limitation placed by Facebook, so is not really MIcrosofts fault?
    ryaoni and Allicit like this.
    04-17-2014 11:06 AM
    Why did they take away having Facebook, Twitter and SMS messages all on the same screen. It was one of my favorite features. Now you have to open several apps to do the same thing. Also put the people hub back to how it was. The features my wife and I loved the most are now gone.
    Allicit likes this.
    04-17-2014 11:07 AM
    EAP-TTLS is included, but it lacks EAP-TTLS/PAP 2 phase authentication, required by Eduroam. In android there is advanced settings available.
    04-17-2014 02:16 PM
    1 ) USB tethering
    2 ) Full fledged file manager with abilities like installing apps , sending , deleting etc ... ( I did find the pocket file manager app which is just wow , but it requires buying and if I click on an app it doesnot open the store to install it )
    3 ) Ability for an app to turn on bluetooth by itself after taking permission instead of not listing it in the first place ...
    4 ) Ability to install older versions of apps , but notifying if there is a new version available ..
    5 ) Interactive live tiles , such as pause play forward rewind buttons on video or music player tiles etc .. because I think live tiles is one of the stand out features of windows phone 8 onwards
    6 ) Change app layout to grid mode
    7 ) Sort apps according to name , date , etc
    8 ) App folder with quick access to apps
    9 ) Toggle mobile data connection
    10 ) Wider video file format support
    11 ) Possibly something like a multiwindow as is found on Windows 8 and 8.1
    12 ) True multitasking as was found on old symbian phones ( I don't really know of this is a good idea because I think MS disabled this in the 1st place to conserve battery , but nonetheless if any modification can be made to improve multitasking because sometimes if I switch from app a to app b and back to app a then it seems as if app a just paused or started it's last execution once again )
    13 ) I found a bug in the drop down .. If I swipe my finger from below the screen then the notification centre doesnot close .. I have to touch the end of the drop down i.e. the solid coloured line and then drag it up to close it ... I think this is easily solvable )
    14 ) Forward and backward buttons in I.E. ( This might just be difficult because of space )
    15 ) Contacts search in dialer ( I don't know if this feature is there or not in wp 8.1 ,I haven't checked yet )
    16 ) A common place where bluetooth files are transferred ..
    17 ) Mutiple app close via muti drag

BTW , I don't wanna be rude but even if we are listing our wishes , how does Micrsoft get to know them ???

Phew , I can't seem to remember any more features that I want at the moment ...
    A895 likes this.
    04-18-2014 11:10 AM
    Check back again, it is there and now is much better.
    04-18-2014 03:47 PM
    Check back again, it is back and better than before.
    Better integration of the messages as it is in People Hub. I am really mad/sad that the integration of FB chat is being deleted instead of improving.
    04-18-2014 03:50 PM
    Why doesn't the game app show any of my Xbox One game stats or achievements? It only shows my 360 items.
    04-18-2014 09:43 PM
    I want them to fix the Action Center so that notifications are grouped by app with a summary indicating count like on Android. The current method of dumping every single notification as an entry just makes the whole thing unusable. Please FIX this.
    04-20-2014 02:52 AM
    I want them to fix the Action Center so that notifications are grouped by app with a summary indicating count like on Android. The current method of dumping every single notification as an entry just makes the whole thing unusable. Please FIX this.
    I'm confused by what you mean...

Mine sorts by last notification and then grouped by app...is your issue that you have too many emails/notifications come in between checking?
    04-20-2014 07:49 AM
    I'm confused by what you mean...

Mine sorts by last notification and then grouped by app...is your issue that you have too many emails/notifications come in between checking?
    I think I understand the concern, because I have the same concern. Use Kik for example, when I receive my notification for a message, it does get grouped, it shows my message under the kik group, like this:

KiK Messenger
    -New message
    -New message
    -New message

They would all come from the same person. I may be wrong but i think he meant to want to see it like this:

KiK messenger
    -1 message from Jane doe
    -3 messages from John doe
    04-20-2014 08:02 AM
    Here is a suggestion : When downloading something, the progress bar is shown in android devices, it would be be a lot easier as having this facility we can check app update progress and download progress. Also app integration should be there, for example when downloading via uc browser. The progress can be seen in notification centre
    A895 likes this.
    04-20-2014 11:53 AM
    I think I understand the concern, because I have the same concern. Use Kik for example, when I receive my notification for a message, it does get grouped, it shows my message under the kik group, like this:

KiK Messenger
    -New message
    -New message
    -New message

They would all come from the same person. I may be wrong but i think he meant to want to see it like this:

KiK messenger
    -1 message from Jane doe
    -3 messages from John doe
    Basically yes I want automatic notification grouping. There is no reason to for WP to vomit out every single notification in the Action Center with the precious real estate.
    04-20-2014 09:47 PM
    Here is a suggestion : When downloading something, the progress bar is shown in android devices, it would be be a lot easier as having this facility we can check app update progress and download progress. Also app integration should be there, for example when downloading via uc browser. The progress can be seen in notification centre
    ​Android is just so polished compared to any other mobile OS right now and 4.5/5.0 are just around the corner.
    04-20-2014 09:48 PM
    ​Android is just so polished compared to any other mobile OS right now and 4.5/5.0 are just around the corner.
    Yea I know that, which Is why I am suggesting these small features which can be easily included in wp8.1 so it will help wp8.1 to success in the longrun😊
    04-21-2014 12:11 AM
    badly need calendar to be integrated in the action center, the default calendar tile don't give that much of details
    04-21-2014 07:40 AM
    Add:
    's

as a choice for the keyboard's "s" key. When you hover on the "s" key now, you can chose from the s character or a weird looking B character or what looks like two s characters mashed up. It would be a lot easier to ad the possessive to words this way.
    04-21-2014 07:58 PM
    Dolby Digital Plus audio playback for videos
    this feature in symbian belle is awesome...
    really immersive audio experience..
    04-22-2014 07:10 AM
    App Lock
    aniket0303 likes this.
    04-22-2014 07:37 AM
335 ... 910111213 ...