07-30-2014 09:15 AM
335 ... 1011121314
tools
    1. More features in Office Suite in WP (in Excel & Word especially)
    2. Music and Games app suck right now. They need to get a lot better
    3. Action center & Lockscreen need to be more customizable. I would love to see stock tickers in action center/lockscreen along with calendar entries and other notification indicators as of today
    4. Microsoft needs to look into battery usage when GPS is active (which has improved a lot than before). If WP takes part in taking care of battery slippage, that will be great
    5. I would love to see Here Drive being provided to all non Lumia owner in WP8.1
    04-23-2014 03:13 AM
    This is little issue/feature but man it is annoying!
    I want to be able to have the Screenshots synced along with all my other pics to OneDrive... why aren't they?!
    04-23-2014 07:30 PM
    When a app/game downloads and goes onto installing it the next app/game should start downloading instead of waiting for the other one to finish installing.
    04-25-2014 11:19 AM
    I would love to have to accept once when receiving many files over Bluetooth...
    04-26-2014 03:56 AM
    ermm, file manager?
    04-27-2014 01:23 PM
    I want to be able to have my headphones plugged in or Bluetooth headset on and have Cortland read an incoming text to me and be able to respond back without having to touch the phone. So far the iPhone and Sir are the only ones that do it out of the box. You would think with the heavy emphasis on not using your cell while driving this would be a feature they would all add.

As it stands now Fortuna alerts you that you got a text but you can't have her read it then to respond you have to hit the search button to have her send a text.
    Prior to installing the 8.1 Dev Preview, I was able to do exactly what you describe via BT in my car. Since installing the Dev Preview, Cortana gets cut off midway through the alert, so I never get to hear the message, much less reply. Hopefully they get it ironed out.

On a related note, I would love an addition to Driving Mode: the option to disable the PIN lock while in DM.
    05-02-2014 08:01 AM
    AutoCad
    ramonnramos likes this.
    05-03-2014 07:32 AM
    Send/ receive any attachment in email.

IE 11 file downloads.The option to hide the browser navigation bar.

USB OTG support.

Access to the equalizer inside the Music app; this is how Nokia Mix radio is set up.

Alarm and event snooze times full customization.

Choice to enable phone-only storage of contact and calendar information.

Phone dialer-start spelling a contact name on the dialer pad and have matching contacts pop up as you complete the name.
    A895 likes this.
    05-03-2014 09:28 AM
    For non-English people who would like to write SMS messages and other texts faster: please, vote for this feature:

Allow custom dictionaries for text suggestions in non-English keyboard layouts – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

I think that custom dictionaries should be available even for languages which are not supported by the built-in dictionaries. Also, it would be great to support dictionary sharing - thus community could create their own dictionaries for many languages.
    05-05-2014 07:36 AM
    audiobook support in the default music player
    05-05-2014 07:49 AM
    I want to be able to have my headphones plugged in or Bluetooth headset on and have Cortland read an incoming text to me and be able to respond back without having to touch the phone. So far the iPhone and Sir are the only ones that do it out of the box. You would think with the heavy emphasis on not using your cell while driving this would be a feature they would all add.

As it stands now Fortuna alerts you that you got a text but you can't have her read it then to respond you have to hit the search button to have her send a text.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Cortland!? lol
    05-05-2014 07:59 AM
    Cortland!? lol
    Damn auto correct

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1
    05-05-2014 11:58 AM
    I did a search so I don't think it is in here (didn't read all 12 pages), but I would like to see repeat notifications. I would like to have the option to have notifications (sms, calendar alerts, reminders) repeat with the option of 1, 2, or 3 repeats. Just a minor thing but it seems to work well with the iPhone.
    05-06-2014 07:40 AM
    I thought I would add a second option that I would like to see (might be there but not sure where). The option to snooze the calendar to 0 minutes before the appointment. I get the option for 5 minutes or 10 minutes but my first alert is for 15 minutes so I have to snooze 2 times to get it to 0 minutes. I know I could probably setup my original meeting notice for a 10 minute reminder instead of 15 minutes but most of my meeting from others have it default to 15 minutes.
    05-06-2014 07:43 AM
    When I search for a location, I'd like to be able to click and hold to copy the address -OR- use "sharing" to add it as the location field for a calendar or task event.

05-11-2014 09:42 AM
    05-11-2014 11:07 AM
    I don't know if this already exists, but the ability to choose the primary data connection. For instance, have the phone connect to WiFi first, and if no WiFi, then cellular. My phone seems to get confused when connected to both. I'm constantly having to turn one of those off.
    05-11-2014 11:36 PM
    I don't know if this already exists, but the ability to choose the primary data connection. For instance, have the phone connect to WiFi first, and if no WiFi, then cellular. My phone seems to get confused when connected to both. I'm constantly having to turn one of those off.
    Sounds like an issue with your phone, that behaviour was already implement in 8.0 and has been improved upon on 8.1 :P.
    In 8.1 the system tray is now persistent for cellular reception, Wi Fi and Data Connections, when Wi Fi is being used the Wi Fi icon displays next to the cellular reception however if data is being used either LTE, 4G, H+, 3.5G, H, 3G, Edge etc will be displayed depending on the speed and connection type in use (the icon shown varies from provider to provider).

Lastly if both Wi Fi and Data are connected, Wi Fi takes priority and everything connects via Wi Fi.

In terms of features, I want landscape support for the start screen and through out the O/S then maybe we will see the return of landscape qwerty keyboard phones. If windows phone is to grow they need to cater to all users and that includes physical keyboard users.
    05-14-2014 03:36 AM
    Anyone tried Update of WP 8.1DP ?
    05-14-2014 01:54 PM
    I think building a universal theme system a la Windows would be amazing. Think about it. If WP had themes, you could download a Halo theme that would replace the system sounds with Halo ones, and the lock screen then changes periodically with new Halo images. The wallpaper on your start screen is replaced by the theme, and your accent color is then similar to your theme. You could do that with so many things, and it would be awesome.

It would be amazing if that happened, and it just makes so much sense to me.
    cyborg4 and mozman68 like this.
    05-15-2014 02:23 PM
    ere is what i expect most :

(1)scrloable tiles on noti bar .

(2) easy offline apps (appx.)installing system

(3) file manager .

(4) task manager

(5) orientation mode on startscreenn .

(6) improoved cortana .

(7) side bar system for quick launch on apps .

(8) plz give a media centre named app . It contains All photo , audio, video , xbox music & radio . we can check details of those things & we can easily share through blth , email , nfc etc .

(9) unique interface with every wndspne .mirosoft will launch every wnds phone with unique design . Like unique types of tiles , keypads, contacs & dialers designs etc .

(10) HID support for keyboards.

(11) multiple lockers . Like pattern, voice , face , password , & some simple but unique lockers like android lockers .
    05-17-2014 07:45 AM
    05-23-2014 12:18 AM
    Windows Phone 8.1 is recently announced with updates in earlier Windows Phone 8.0. I have seen the advance features of this OS i.e. more elaborated calender view, Notification bar with even social media notifications, amazing user friendly experience, temperature and whether feature, Swype Feature (which is removed from Kitkat 4.4). All these features are alluring as compared to Android.
    05-30-2014 06:14 AM
    windows phone 8.1 turned out to be something big and unexpected with many improvements, new features and so on. but there are some features i would like to see....
    please vote for these features and share with as many people as you can.
    actionable notification, always on cortana, picture password – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    06-02-2014 04:25 PM
    The ability to set other browsers as the default, the IE in WP8.1 sucks. The ability to navigate the file system. The ability to let the phone go to sleep with out killing facebook uploads. The ability to do NFC with android devices to share files/pics/vids etc. the list could go on and on.
    Marko313 likes this.
    06-03-2014 09:50 AM
335 ... 1011121314