07-30-2014 09:15 AM
335 1234 ...
tools
    Printing ability (supporting WiFi connected printers), absodefinitely.
    03-06-2014 04:56 AM
    Active notifications... absolutely.
    03-06-2014 05:07 AM
    Active notifications... absolutely.
    Rumors about actionable notifications(not action center) died all of a sudden...hope it is still out there
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-06-2014 06:00 AM
    I have a few:
    1. Talk time in call history.
    2. Wifi icon in notification bar to show current signal strength (instead of full signal icon all the time.)
    3. Separate screen timeout settings for charging and on battery.
    4. Windows button long press to bring up Action Center (since Cortana is on Search button long press now.) Would be helpful in fullscreen applications where notification bar is hidden.
    5. Back button double tap to kill current app instead of keeping it in background.
    6. Color Call button Green and End button red. I've seen people searching for a red button when they wanna end a call, because my theme color is green.
    7. Bypass lock screen if phone unlocked within 5 seconds of screen timeout.
    8. Provide an X button on music control. (Stop music.)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    03-06-2014 06:14 AM
    It would be really helpful if Nokia/MS considers the option of "ONLY 3G" under network settings. My carriers 3g is weak which makes the phone dance between 2g and 3g always on auto mode. Also Native video calling would be great, my carrier provides free minutes of video calling on combo recharges which is being wasted :\
    BIGPADDY and Bruno Arphenia like this.
    03-06-2014 07:08 AM
    03-06-2014 07:51 AM
    Music tile with skip play and pause, hitting the volume rocker every time you want to change a track gets old, I know there's an app for that but it doesn't work all that well.
    jomarr, Paul May and BIGPADDY like this.
    03-06-2014 08:28 AM
    A feature increased Music app. With a UI that looks closer to the Xbox Music for windows 8.
    Bruno Arphenia and BIGPADDY like this.
    03-06-2014 08:36 AM
    Just the update
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-06-2014 09:25 AM
    Another vote for gapless playback here...
    AngryNil, jomarr, BIGPADDY and 1 others like this.
    03-06-2014 10:09 AM
    One other small thing, but predictive dialing based on past numbers would be helpful. One thing I miss from android was how I could just start dialing and the contact would pop up and I could hit send.

I know all of these things only amount to a few seconds here and a few seconds there, but that's how our brains are wired.
    03-06-2014 11:28 AM
    One other small thing, but predictive dialing based on past numbers would be helpful. One thing I miss from android was how I could just start dialing and the contact would pop up and I could hit send.

I know all of these things only amount to a few seconds here and a few seconds there, but that's how our brains are wired.
    I agree android had very deep contacts integration and would like to see the same with wp
    03-06-2014 11:37 AM
    Not as deep as windows phone...
    03-06-2014 11:42 AM
    Hi All

What feature would you want the most I put my example below:

So the feature I would love to have is a split screen for WP8.1.

This is how I would use it I take alot of notes for studying so I would have OneNote open then have a split screen for internet browser, amazon kindle, YouTube etc which would make it easier for me instead of switch back and forth apps.

Additional given an option to resize the size of the two app so one can be more longer or wider.

I do this alot of this on my surface 2 and would love it on my phone that would be my outstanding feature.

What about everyone else?
    YES!!! This would be the feature I would want over this Voice Assistant or Notification Centre or even the Quick Settings thing. Actually, I don't think there's a single 8.1 feature that I would want over this.
    BIGPADDY and EMINENT 1 like this.
    03-06-2014 12:24 PM

try and find an app called people search.
    it does exactly what u want. it index all ur contact data, including contacts from all accounts, i.e. phone, facebook, twitter (all those configured in ur phone) and then the search is available for any search area. just press dialpad keys (own number keypad), u get the desired result.
    using that app since begining.
    plus, its free. (it shows splash screen once a day, i dont know. mine is paid.)
    if u r unable to find, let me know.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-06-2014 12:42 PM
    my wish list is very small, just 2:
    1. better access to file system. (now pocket file manager got it, but i still wish to be better. right not, u still cannot find files received from bluetooth, etc.)
    2. more customization for volume controls.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-06-2014 12:48 PM
    Smart Actions. I'm not sure if it was part of Android or a Motorola add on. My Droids has an native app called Smart Actions. You could tell it stuff like: 'If it's past 11 PM and the phone is on the charger THEN do not give notifications and lower the ring volume'. Or another one I used was: 'When I the phone is in the car dock turn off wifi and turn on Blue tooth'. And on the flip side of that 'when I arrive home turn off Bluetooth and turn on wifi. I found some of that stuff handy. Made the user experience more seamless.
    ShreyansShah, BIGPADDY and nc1886 like this.
    03-06-2014 12:50 PM

Windows Mobile had this and I loved it. Really miss that feature as well.
    03-06-2014 12:56 PM
    Smart Actions. I'm not sure if it was part of Android or a Motorola add on. My Droids has an native app called Smart Actions. You could tell it stuff like: 'If it's past 11 PM and the phone is on the charger THEN do not give notifications and lower the ring volume'. Or another one I used was: 'When I the phone is in the car dock turn off wifi and turn on Blue tooth'. And on the flip side of that 'when I arrive home turn off Bluetooth and turn on wifi. I found some of that stuff handy. Made the user experience more seamless.
    I believe that geo-fencing is supposed to be in 8.1, which would do some of this.
    Garrymp likes this.
    03-06-2014 01:31 PM
    Live tiles that are actually live
    03-06-2014 05:43 PM
    The only feature I want is for it to be released on all Windows Phone 8 devices.

Joking aside... I would actually love the ability to choose which app is used when I click to open a youtube clip somewhere.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-07-2014 01:48 AM
    OpenGL.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-07-2014 03:53 AM
    it is something. i never knew such smart actions app ever existed.
    it will turn our phone literally into smart phone.
    but hopefully, it should not turn us into dumb people.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-07-2014 04:44 AM
    An always on feature with a wakeup word for cortana so you wouldn't even need to touch your phone for some tasks.... Yes it would use more battery, but as with most things an on-off switch makes that optional
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-07-2014 05:40 AM
    I want voice integration with Xbox Music Pass. I want to be able to say "Play song Royals by Lorde", "Play album 21 by Adele" or "Play playlist March Workout" and have it stream through Xbox Music Pass, even if the songs are not downloaded to my phone.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-07-2014 07:40 AM
335 1234 ...