The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
07-30-2014 09:15 AM
335 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Attachment 60224 id love to be able to get the glance looking similar to my nokia 700 zeta standby screen which is using Qoo apps
    sometimes i feel people expect too much.
    i mean that is an individual opinion what to expect, but why we are so lazy that we need so much at a glance.
    nc1886 likes this.
    03-27-2014 05:11 AM
    Better multitasking and background app running improvement
    BIGPADDY, Internaut and nc1886 like this.
    03-27-2014 08:43 AM
    Can restore previous metro layout after hard reset / device changed.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-27-2014 08:34 PM
    File download and upload via email. A my documents area.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-28-2014 02:29 AM
    03-28-2014 11:36 AM
    Better multitasking and background app running improvement
    Yep - the Windows Phone tombstoning model makes some apps painful. I'm visiting Harare, at the moment, where the mobile networks are weak. Today I compared Skype performance while walking back to the hotel for lunch. I received no Skype notifications, even though we were busy. Skype for Windows Phone often doesn't give any notifications when in the background (bearing in mind it has to "resume" after the phone has gone to sleep). Back at the hotel, I tethered the iPad to my Nokia 720 and it caught up with Skype before the Nokia! The interface is lovely, but Microsoft cannot win with smoke and mirrors; the benefits must be real.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-28-2014 03:36 PM
    I really want the shutdown charging (not booting to WP, just showing a battery icon) feature for Nokia devices, does anyone know if this will appear in WP8.1? Thanks so much!
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-29-2014 11:24 PM
    I want: more easter eggs, week view to calendar (I heard it's coming?), custom colours (live tiles)... And something unique :P
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-30-2014 12:59 PM
    Landscape mode needs to be on WP8.1!
    Dafter and Aadarsh Gupta like this.
    03-30-2014 02:34 PM
    battery symbol should also include percentage. Need this feature
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-31-2014 11:59 AM
    Remove that hideous ♥ heart symbol from the battery icon when in battery saver mode that blocks half the battery. Use a + symbol or something.
    Last edited by honeyrapper; 03-31-2014 at 09:36 PM.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-31-2014 01:31 PM
    Went back to IPhone from Lumia 920 because I wanted the following, so if MS can include the following - I would switch back to a WP handset in an instant:

- GAPLESS PLAYBACK, for the love of all that is holy - please!
    - Ability to scrub audio, holding down [>>] to search through a track is a cruel joke.
    - Updated id tag support, I had way too many albums show up as "Unknown artist" and had loads of stuff lumped into one "album".
    - EQ (Spotted a theme in my grievances?)
    - Convince my bank to make a WP8 app (beyond control I know).

That's it, I absolutely have to have a solid music experience on my phone - everything else I can live with.
    BIGPADDY and Zsolto like this.
    03-31-2014 03:41 PM
    Went back to IPhone from Lumia 920 because I wanted the following, so if MS can include the following - I would switch back to a WP handset in an instant:

- GAPLESS PLAYBACK, for the love of all that is holy - please!
    - Ability to scrub audio, holding down [>>] to search through a track is a cruel joke.
    - Updated id tag support, I had way too many albums show up as "Unknown artist" and had loads of stuff lumped into one "album".
    - EQ (Spotted a theme in my grievances?)
    - Convince my bank to make a WP8 app (beyond control I know).

That's it, I absolutely have to have a solid music experience on my phone - everything else I can live with.
    i never knew somebody needing so much the GAPLESS OR LOSSLESS playback.
    i am not that music freak actually, thus i never understood the need.
    but i would suggest something. if u r so into music, u better carry a dedicated media player instead of using phone. ur experience will be multiple. i remember myself carrying Creative PMP and then iPod Touch in the past for listening music. but then gradually, the usage got low due to work, now listen only in the night or when in traveling on tour.
    04-01-2014 12:42 AM
    I would love to see the Windows 8 / RT "Snap On Multitasking" making its way to WP8.1.

Its easy, intuitive and would make sense on 5 inch+ screens.

Of course no leaks are indicating to that...
    04-01-2014 03:18 AM
    Option for true backgrounds would be nice. At least let us decide how we want our start screen to look.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-01-2014 08:56 AM
    there are many features that we don't recognize also. such as, in old good Symbian or Android or iOS, if u want to share something via Bluetooth, u don't require it prior enabled. just share it via Bluetooth, then phone asks whether u want to enable it or not. but in WP, u have to prior enable it, otherwise u don't get share via Bluetooth option at all.
    there are many such small things, but they make difference in operating by bringing easiness.
    I'll be very grateful to microsoft if the WP8.1 update brings this small feature..!!
    Aniket Mhatre and BIGPADDY like this.
    04-01-2014 10:50 AM
    Remove the bug which is responsible for duplication of media files
    ShreyansShah, BIGPADDY and Zsolto like this.
    04-02-2014 02:25 AM
    phone settings need some serious changes (currently it's all jumbled )
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-02-2014 02:11 PM
    I really love all of the updates we will be getting, especially the action center, but what I just heard makes me want to cry!!! I've just been told that Cortana will not be available in some countries? I get the fact that it will be available in US, UK and China. But will it really not be available for the rest of the world?? Or is it just that there will only be one language??? Because I can work with just the English language! Can anyone clarify or confirm any of this?
    04-02-2014 04:12 PM
    I really love all of the updates we will be getting, especially the action center, but what I just heard makes me want to cry!!! I've just been told that Cortana will not be available in some countries? I get the fact that it will be available in US, UK and China. But will it really not be available for the rest of the world?? Or is it just that there will only be one language??? Because I can work with just the English language! Can anyone clarify or confirm any of this?
    It only going to be available in the US first it coming out later to the UK and China.

I assume it more to do with integrating Cortana with local countries bing services.
    Last edited by BIGPADDY; 04-02-2014 at 04:46 PM.
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    04-02-2014 04:32 PM
    Hi All

What feature would you want the most I put my example below:

So the feature I would love to have is a split screen for WP8.1.

This is how I would use it I take alot of notes for studying so I would have OneNote open then have a split screen for internet browser, amazon kindle, YouTube etc which would make it easier for me instead of switching back and forth apps.

Additional given an option to resize the size of the two app so one can be more longer or wider.

I do this alot of this on my surface 2 and would love it on my phone that would be my outstanding feature.

What about everyone else?

Added: You can have as many features that you want the most no longer necessary to stick to one feature.
    really serious question ,, what about app to SD card option ??!!?!!
    04-02-2014 04:36 PM
    really serious question ,, what about app to SD card option ??!!?!!
    You have that in storage sense.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-02-2014 08:36 PM
    Make the start screen background like the current Windows 8.1 and I'm sold.
    Just wondering, if WP 8.1 does support USB OTG, can I change the layout to Dvorak? (I have to type in this layout for medical reasons)
    04-03-2014 03:29 AM
    I didn't hear anything about usb otg support yesterday
    So it means that wp8.1 still won't support usb otg?
    Or did i miss something?
    04-03-2014 04:40 AM
    You have that in storage sense.
    thanks for your help :D
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    04-03-2014 06:33 AM
335 ... 45678 ...