WP8.1 : Features you want the most

smf98aggie

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: 4k Video

I would love to have emojis that are consistent with iOS emojis. I hate sending or receiving them from people and they show up COMPLETELY different than what they're supposed to look like. Reminds me of "Damn You Autocorrect" but with pictures!

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: 4k Video

there are many features that we don't recognize also. such as, in old good Symbian or Android or iOS, if u want to share something via Bluetooth, u don't require it prior enabled. just share it via Bluetooth, then phone asks whether u want to enable it or not. but in WP, u have to prior enable it, otherwise u don't get share via Bluetooth option at all.
there are many such small things, but they make difference in operating by bringing easiness.

Internaut

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Better multitasking and background app running improvement

Yep - the Windows Phone tombstoning model makes some apps painful. I'm visiting Harare, at the moment, where the mobile networks are weak. Today I compared Skype performance while walking back to the hotel for lunch. I received no Skype notifications, even though we were busy. Skype for Windows Phone often doesn't give any notifications when in the background (bearing in mind it has to "resume" after the phone has gone to sleep). Back at the hotel, I tethered the iPad to my Nokia 720 and it caught up with Skype before the Nokia! The interface is lovely, but Microsoft cannot win with smoke and mirrors; the benefits must be real.

UltimateGTR

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I really want the shutdown charging (not booting to WP, just showing a battery icon) feature for Nokia devices, does anyone know if this will appear in WP8.1? Thanks so much!

honeyrapper

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Remove that hideous ♥ heart symbol from the battery icon when in battery saver mode that blocks half the battery. Use a + symbol or something.

Last edited:

Sam Lawton

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Went back to IPhone from Lumia 920 because I wanted the following, so if MS can include the following - I would switch back to a WP handset in an instant:

- GAPLESS PLAYBACK, for the love of all that is holy - please!
- Ability to scrub audio, holding down [>>] to search through a track is a cruel joke.
- Updated id tag support, I had way too many albums show up as "Unknown artist" and had loads of stuff lumped into one "album".
- EQ (Spotted a theme in my grievances?)
- Convince my bank to make a WP8 app (beyond control I know).

That's it, I absolutely have to have a solid music experience on my phone - everything else I can live with.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Went back to IPhone from Lumia 920 because I wanted the following, so if MS can include the following - I would switch back to a WP handset in an instant:

- GAPLESS PLAYBACK, for the love of all that is holy - please!
- Ability to scrub audio, holding down [>>] to search through a track is a cruel joke.
- Updated id tag support, I had way too many albums show up as "Unknown artist" and had loads of stuff lumped into one "album".
- EQ (Spotted a theme in my grievances?)
- Convince my bank to make a WP8 app (beyond control I know).

That's it, I absolutely have to have a solid music experience on my phone - everything else I can live with.
i never knew somebody needing so much the GAPLESS OR LOSSLESS playback.
i am not that music freak actually, thus i never understood the need.
but i would suggest something. if u r so into music, u better carry a dedicated media player instead of using phone. ur experience will be multiple. i remember myself carrying Creative PMP and then iPod Touch in the past for listening music. but then gradually, the usage got low due to work, now listen only in the night or when in traveling on tour.

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I would love to see the Windows 8 / RT "Snap On Multitasking" making its way to WP8.1.

Its easy, intuitive and would make sense on 5 inch+ screens.

Of course no leaks are indicating to that...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99