WP8.1 : Features you want the most

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I just want to upload files easily in IE and through the mail client. That's a biggie there. A definite need for not just me, but Enterprise as well.

honeyrapper

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
i think this other files is more of a hype rather than a problem. in my cellphone,
other files constitute something around 225 MBs. an i really do not bother about it.

Nope, not a hype. I reset my phone every time Other reaches 1.5 - 2 GB, and I done it about five times last year. So believe me when I say, it's not a hype.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

SupremeUser

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Do you think that someone at MS reads these forums?

I would really like those arrow keys and options how to use the capacitive buttons. Many features in this thread are very important, but please dont just yell that make WP like Android.

Also, 'select all' and 'cut' buttons would be helpful for general text editing. More brightness control idea was also really cool. Often times the automatic brightness control keeps display too dim when I view the screen while sun is shining towards the back of the phone.

xoxoGeorges

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Notification center.

Also, It would be so cool if MS made notifications appear through the Windows key (it would blink) considering there is no LED.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Is there any effort being made to categorize and rate the number of responses? Maybe possibly take the top 10 suggestions and make a poll for people to vote for?

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Dont you guys think we need some new messaging, mail, notification, reminders tone (and maybe some new ringtones as well..)..??? Present ones suckss if u ask me..!!

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: 4k Video

To be honest, I want Onedrive to work better. I want to be able to see music in my Onedrive on my phone and to be able to download local copies of said files to my phone. Aka, I want WP to operate like W8 with a different skin. I should be able to tell Xbox Music where to find music files and Skydrive should be an option. I want more customization in that aspect. I want to be able to set defaults, such as UC browser for my browser, xbox music for all music files, and photoediting app for photoediting.

daymouse

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Out of things that haven't been leaked already i would say most wanted is the ability to create new photo albums directly on the phone whether that is through the photos app or in the back end via a file explorer app. Surely cant be that hard, end of the day all your doing in a file explorer is creating a new folder and naming it!

hyperthermia

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
A new ME Hub where

1. Post social network update, chat status, and check in. Same as wp8

2. It shows my day activity, and calendar week preview.

3. Customizable avatar

4. My data. My,biodata plus government system numbers (health, education, housing etc), bank card/account numbers, and all those with numbers hard to memorize including some phone numbers for business, work, or secondary personal lines.

5. A quick view of my fitness/ health

6. A quick view of my financial status

and another thing to have the option to copy all. Kinda dreaming of a ctrl option on my keyboard then i could just use some commands.

honeyrapper

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I want a short fade out on music pause/stop and fade in on resume. Like in the iPods. Otherwise it hurts the ears sometimes when resuming loud music.

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

romanicak

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Music player basic functions

Music player must behave as all other standard portable music players.

1. Browse by folders - this is must have!!! Everybody who has some music collection (mp3, wav, ogg, flac, ...) in a computer, has sorted it in folders. Not all mp3s have their idTag filled. So bacically sort only by interpret, album or genre is not enough, it is useless for those who has large music colletions. For example if I want to play a few albums from folder Soundtracks on my SD card, it is not possible with actual behavior of WP8. All the songs are on obe big pile of mess. Terrible. Why programmers, why???
2. Add to playlist - this is must have!!! Tap on song and add to playlist, tap on folder and add to playlist. Again, standard functionality on all players for ages yet.
3. Editing playlist - to choose (multiple) songs from playlist and remove them or move to another point of playlist. Just like Winamp behavior, that was perfect.
4. Stop - again, why programmers, why??? STOP button is must have, it can remove player buttons from volume tab, that would be good.
5. Volume - adjusting volume is needed to be separate for music player/games, ringtone, bluetooth. It is so annoying when you play a song, put volume high, then quit playing music and then someone calls. It can be so loud that you could scare somebody. Also possibility to have increasing volume of ringtones during ringing would be great.

So please, developers, do this in WP 8.1, it is standart behavior, it is not something extra. Just like good old Winamp or Cowon or iAudio music players. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium