WP8.1 : Features you want the most

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: 4k Video

there are many features that we don't recognize also. such as, in old good Symbian or Android or iOS, if u want to share something via Bluetooth, u don't require it prior enabled. just share it via Bluetooth, then phone asks whether u want to enable it or not. but in WP, u have to prior enable it, otherwise u don't get share via Bluetooth option at all.
there are many such small things, but they make difference in operating by bringing easiness.

I'll be very grateful to microsoft if the WP8.1 update brings this small feature..!!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I really love all of the updates we will be getting, especially the action center, but what I just heard makes me want to cry!!! I've just been told that Cortana will not be available in some countries? I get the fact that it will be available in US, UK and China. But will it really not be available for the rest of the world?? Or is it just that there will only be one language??? Because I can work with just the English language! Can anyone clarify or confirm any of this?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I really love all of the updates we will be getting, especially the action center, but what I just heard makes me want to cry!!! I've just been told that Cortana will not be available in some countries? I get the fact that it will be available in US, UK and China. But will it really not be available for the rest of the world?? Or is it just that there will only be one language??? Because I can work with just the English language! Can anyone clarify or confirm any of this?

It only going to be available in the US first it coming out later to the UK and China.

I assume it more to do with integrating Cortana with local countries bing services.

Last edited:

Ahmed Hassan7

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

What feature would you want the most I put my example below:

So the feature I would love to have is a split screen for WP8.1.

This is how I would use it I take alot of notes for studying so I would have OneNote open then have a split screen for internet browser, amazon kindle, YouTube etc which would make it easier for me instead of switching back and forth apps.

Additional given an option to resize the size of the two app so one can be more longer or wider.

I do this alot of this on my surface 2 and would love it on my phone that would be my outstanding feature.

What about everyone else?

Added: You can have as many features that you want the most no longer necessary to stick to one feature.

really serious question ,, what about app to SD card option ??!!?!!

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Make the start screen background like the current Windows 8.1 and I'm sold.
Just wondering, if WP 8.1 does support USB OTG, can I change the layout to Dvorak? (I have to type in this layout for medical reasons)

chobits

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I didn't hear anything about usb otg support yesterday
So it means that wp8.1 still won't support usb otg?
Or did i miss something?

CyberAngel_777

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Cortana as an Xbox Games Avatar and/or face only.
Selection of Cortana / Your own Avatar / Build a new Avatar / Save "Cortana Avatars" for a randomized daily Avatar

chrisevans937

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Snap feature like x1 and windows 8.1.

Slow motion cam

If no glance, can we get a standard notification LED

Xbox gamertag part of contact info

Faster transitions

App locker. Allow passcode to use certain apps

Hide apps

In call recording

Magikmail type visual voicemail

In call speech to text recording. Instead of just voice recording you also get a text version that can differentiate all persons on the phone

Smart caller id, showing the callers name even not in contacts list and location of caller

Kinect 2.0 type interaction with the phone without pressing any buttons. Start by saying 'windows phone' (probably a huge battery drain)

Smarter IE. When cursor fields are highlighted to enter email. Your choice of email addresses should pop up like suggestions. Same for fields for other known info about the user such as name fields, address fields, zip code fields and so on etc. WP should be smart enough to help fill in this info in open fields of IE

Combine recent call activity and dialer like windows mobile

More robust contacts list

Color differentiation for multiple email accounts like the calendar hub

Better app store search experience

Skype integrated into phone dialer and not a separate app

IE ability to play all videos

kukuxumusu

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Does IE 11 has a feature that I can lock auto rotation? Which is the most I disliked about IE10. I prefer portrait mode and not in landscape. Really annoyed me every time I'm on my bed. I like UC Browser but it's keeps lagging on my phone.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
So tell me if I have this wrong:1. Now I must pay to use the Xbox Music that came with my phone, even when listening to music I own (local files).
2. No Live Tile depicting the artist now playing.
3. No way to continue using MPATool to improve on the album and artist art that MS only gets right when you buy it from them and store it bin the cloud.
4. Incur huge data bills while listening to that music stored in the cloud...even if they are my files.

Well if Music and it's visual presentation is what draws you to a phone then I see why my friends have iPhones and use iTunes

First they kill a great Zune program and now that the Xbox music hub is working we lose it too. Hmm...both of those were free programs right? Anyone else see a TREND??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte