WP8.1 : Features you want the most

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
LOST MUSIC HUB!!!!! And no one seems to particularly care. Everyone seems very excited about some chick talking to them and doing for them what a few taps with your fingers will do now...how LAZY are we becoming. I would rather keep the ability to use the music software that I bought the phone for. don't know what music player you will use...and you will lose any background art you have put with files that are now played with xbox music hub. It is my understanding that this will be gone. Technically they are telling us that they can do ota updates for the music and video apps easier that way. Considering that we have only had 2 updates in the whole last year of wp8 I couldn't are less about updates...just let me keep what I have!!!!!!
I don't know what music player you will use...and you will lose any background art you have put with files that are now played with xbox music hub. It is my understanding that this will be gone. Technically they are telling us that they can do ota updates for the music and video apps easier that way. Considering that we have only had 2 updates in the whole last year of wp8 I couldn't are less about updates...just let me keep what I have!!!!!! you have to buy an Xbox music pass to use the app. And to keep the files straight they need to be stored in the cloud,,,see where all this is going? $$$$

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
you have to pay for the app. Xbox music pass. And this IS on TOPIC. This is the feature I want the most...it is just not new. You never wanted something you already had??

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
you have to pay for the app. Xbox music pass. And this IS on TOPIC. This is the feature I want the most...it is just not new. You never wanted something you already had??

You can ask for it however you posted the same questions about it on other threads and this thread is only for features you want the most.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I would love several events on the large live tile of the calendar and more customization of the tile as well. The week view is definitely an improvement but the live tile,is very disappointing.

wachilleb01

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
This feature has been asked for since 2011 and is constantly ignored. The ability to control toast notification for SMS so that you can disable toast and flashing screen when inbound messages are received.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:
Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I want to read e-mails without browsing into folders, including unread messages count. It's very annoying to "click" for reading e-mails regardless of how many accounts you have set on the mobile.
I want a notification center accordingly. I hate notification to disappear if I didn't see such in time, as I can't track them unless I access every single app whose title shows a number.
I want my calendar view set the way I want. Again... a few "clicks" must be made if I want to switch to month-view and see the events I have booked.

iOS is a great example in delivering a charming user experience.
These are mobile devices we're talking about, not toys so they must be useful instead of useless.

Carkid367

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I want to be able to listen to my music through the cloud without having to pay for a music pass. Its a shame that Google and Apple have both implemented this. Or on my Xbox one. Come on Microsoft!!!

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
It would be useful to add more functions to the swiping gesture from the home screen. I'd like to see:

From home screen > swipe left to see list of all apps ( as in WP8) > swipe left again to see the jump list of all apps by first letter > swipe left again to see a user selectable favorite app (for example, Photo Albums) > swipe again and see the home screen.

Swipe right from the home screen should do something, like bring back the last app you were in.

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
File manager
Wireless realtime screencasting, not this 1fps beamer app (that doesn't even work on my 620), failing that, at least screencast via hdmi
Gapless playback (I mean, really? - I had that on some dodgy old Sony 64mb memory stick player back in '99)
Wireless sync/transfer

avishekghoshlive

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
My wishlist..

*An open file system.
*A highspeed file transfer support cross platform like superbeam in Android.
*Glance screen support for Lumia 520
*ability for active notifications
*Data toggle at action center
*Ability of writing in local language
*A better video player with gessture support
*Live tiles should be really live
*Support for class 4 micro sd cards..

& many more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member