WP8.1 : Features you want the most

souvikray123

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
1 ) USB tethering
2 ) Full fledged file manager with abilities like installing apps , sending , deleting etc ... ( I did find the pocket file manager app which is just wow , but it requires buying and if I click on an app it doesnot open the store to install it )
3 ) Ability for an app to turn on bluetooth by itself after taking permission instead of not listing it in the first place ...
4 ) Ability to install older versions of apps , but notifying if there is a new version available ..
5 ) Interactive live tiles , such as pause play forward rewind buttons on video or music player tiles etc .. because I think live tiles is one of the stand out features of windows phone 8 onwards
6 ) Change app layout to grid mode
7 ) Sort apps according to name , date , etc
8 ) App folder with quick access to apps
9 ) Toggle mobile data connection
10 ) Wider video file format support
11 ) Possibly something like a multiwindow as is found on Windows 8 and 8.1
12 ) True multitasking as was found on old symbian phones ( I don't really know of this is a good idea because I think MS disabled this in the 1st place to conserve battery , but nonetheless if any modification can be made to improve multitasking because sometimes if I switch from app a to app b and back to app a then it seems as if app a just paused or started it's last execution once again )
13 ) I found a bug in the drop down .. If I swipe my finger from below the screen then the notification centre doesnot close .. I have to touch the end of the drop down i.e. the solid coloured line and then drag it up to close it ... I think this is easily solvable )
14 ) Forward and backward buttons in I.E. ( This might just be difficult because of space )
15 ) Contacts search in dialer ( I don't know if this feature is there or not in wp 8.1 ,I haven't checked yet )
16 ) A common place where bluetooth files are transferred ..
17 ) Mutiple app close via muti drag

BTW , I don't wanna be rude but even if we are listing our wishes , how does Micrsoft get to know them ???

Phew , I can't seem to remember any more features that I want at the moment ...

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I want them to fix the Action Center so that notifications are grouped by app with a summary indicating count like on Android. The current method of dumping every single notification as an entry just makes the whole thing unusable. Please FIX this.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I want them to fix the Action Center so that notifications are grouped by app with a summary indicating count like on Android. The current method of dumping every single notification as an entry just makes the whole thing unusable. Please FIX this.

I'm confused by what you mean...

Mine sorts by last notification and then grouped by app...is your issue that you have too many emails/notifications come in between checking?

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused by what you mean...

Mine sorts by last notification and then grouped by app...is your issue that you have too many emails/notifications come in between checking?

I think I understand the concern, because I have the same concern. Use Kik for example, when I receive my notification for a message, it does get grouped, it shows my message under the kik group, like this:

KiK Messenger
-New message
-New message
-New message

They would all come from the same person. I may be wrong but i think he meant to want to see it like this:

KiK messenger
-1 message from Jane doe
-3 messages from John doe

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Here is a suggestion : When downloading something, the progress bar is shown in android devices, it would be be a lot easier as having this facility we can check app update progress and download progress. Also app integration should be there, for example when downloading via uc browser. The progress can be seen in notification centre

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think I understand the concern, because I have the same concern. Use Kik for example, when I receive my notification for a message, it does get grouped, it shows my message under the kik group, like this:

KiK Messenger
-New message
-New message
-New message

They would all come from the same person. I may be wrong but i think he meant to want to see it like this:

KiK messenger
-1 message from Jane doe
-3 messages from John doe

Basically yes I want automatic notification grouping. There is no reason to for WP to vomit out every single notification in the Action Center with the precious real estate.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Here is a suggestion : When downloading something, the progress bar is shown in android devices, it would be be a lot easier as having this facility we can check app update progress and download progress. Also app integration should be there, for example when downloading via uc browser. The progress can be seen in notification centre

​Android is just so polished compared to any other mobile OS right now and 4.5/5.0 are just around the corner.

KonaGuy

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Add:
's

as a choice for the keyboard's "s" key. When you hover on the "s" key now, you can chose from the s character or a weird looking B character or what looks like two s characters mashed up. It would be a lot easier to ad the possessive to words this way.

shiva484

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: 4k Video

Dolby Digital Plus audio playback for videos
this feature in symbian belle is awesome...
really immersive audio experience..

Avinash Kaltari

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

1. More features in Office Suite in WP (in Excel & Word especially)
2. Music and Games app suck right now. They need to get a lot better
3. Action center & Lockscreen need to be more customizable. I would love to see stock tickers in action center/lockscreen along with calendar entries and other notification indicators as of today
4. Microsoft needs to look into battery usage when GPS is active (which has improved a lot than before). If WP takes part in taking care of battery slippage, that will be great
5. I would love to see Here Drive being provided to all non Lumia owner in WP8.1

tropolite

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

This is little issue/feature but man it is annoying!
I want to be able to have the Screenshots synced along with all my other pics to OneDrive... why aren't they?!

PxuLL

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
When a app/game downloads and goes onto installing it the next app/game should start downloading instead of waiting for the other one to finish installing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss