8.1 Live Tiles Fix???

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I know that most features have been leaked already but I haven't heard anything about the 30min 'live' tiles. Does anyone know if the update is going to include an option to make the live tiles actual real time live tiles or at the very least offer the option for shorter automatic update intervals? Me and my friend wanted to develop a (WiFi only) live news ticker tile feed for the wide tile option so you could pin a tile to your start screen and see a running news/score ticker from a news source of your choice CNN, Fox, Bloomberg, ESPN,BBC etc. as you if were if you were watching the channel, so you can see live headlines and scores scroll across the tile from the start screen without opening the app.
Sorry I know this isn't the developer section, I posted here for the higher volume of traffic in hopes someone could help me out. It's still an OS limitation on full desktop Windows 8 so I wasn't quite sure. Theoretically I have something that could stream live time over a good WiFi signal, I'm just waiting for more in for from MS before I can proceed. MS is really making it difficult for willing developers who want to create apps that can enhance some of the UI's strong points.

Side Note: I'm just in charge of the business/marketing/licensing side of this, my buddy is the 'script' geek so I don't know the specifics on any technical details just that he's written something that would work in theory had it not been for this OS limitation.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Rumour suggests live tiles will now update every minute. However apps will need to be updated to take advantage of this. Nothing confirmed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett