04-17-2014 06:18 AM
126 ... 3456
tools
    Fair point, but I also find the tiles tiring to look at. Years ago, I did a short design course in how to avoid making users sick. According to what we were told, lots of animation in unrelated places is particularly stressful for users - our brains are attracted to movement and lots of different movement happening at once is certainly not relaxing. It's like having several lions attacking you at once. :-)The large blocks of bright colours can also cause eyestrain.
    I wouldn't say I have frequent headaches, but I'd really like to disable animations. It's pretty and all first 5 times, then it's just annoying.
    So I'll add that to the wishlist: disable UI animations.
    03-19-2014 01:22 PM
    I wouldn't say I have frequent headaches, but I'd really like to disable animations. It's pretty and all first 5 times, then it's just annoying.
    So I'll add that to the wishlist: disable UI animations.
    Strongly agree. I would also like to make the screen less 'aggressive' - fewer sharp corners, harsh colours, etc.
    Last edited by anony_mouse; 03-19-2014 at 03:47 PM.
    03-19-2014 02:09 PM
    No i said, i like left swipe notifications will be better, because its easier than top to bottom. Many devices have 4,5"> so one handed using will be imposible with top-down method. At least for me.

And yes, WP is different in many ways, tried something new (design, live tiles), so why not this ?
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    03-19-2014 03:42 PM
    Separate media, notification and ring volumes.
    received text reminder, ie tone every 5 min or the allowing of the OS to allow 3rd party apps to do the same.
    signal strength and battery level permanently displayed.
    03-29-2014 03:27 PM
    No i said, i like left swipe notifications will be better, because its easier than top to bottom. Many devices have 4,5"> so one handed using will be imposible with top-down method. At least for me.

And yes, WP is different in many ways, tried something new (design, live tiles), so why not this ?
    Do tell me how you would get to the Action/Notification Centre in other apps with the left swipe hotlink..... besides it's less obvious if it's in from the left and it makes more sense if it's from the top - the status bar with the signal bars and time are already up the top, toast notifications already appear at the top, so why make the rest of it appear someplace else? It's just confusing for the general user :P
    03-31-2014 10:50 PM
    I really want a search button in the music app...
    04-01-2014 07:13 AM
    I really want a search button in the music app...
    It already exists...
    04-01-2014 07:18 AM
    It already exists...
    Where is it then?
    04-01-2014 07:29 AM
    Where is it then?
    At the bottom of the screen for every section of the main panorama view other than Now Playing.

It attempts to search your collection first, and then gives an option to search for more in the store.

Correction: That is the behavior for the Collection section of the panorama. The Get Music section will search the store first.
    04-01-2014 07:31 AM
    At the bottom of the screen for every section of the main panorama view other than Now Playing.

It attempts to search your collection first, and then gives an option to search for more in the store.

Correction: That is the behavior for the Collection section of the panorama. The Get Music section will search the store first.
    I can't find it :(
    04-01-2014 07:35 AM
    Are you using the Xbox Music app or the built-in Music + Videos hub?
    04-01-2014 07:37 AM
    Are you using the Xbox Music app or the built-in Music + Videos hub?
    The built in Music + Videos hub.
    04-01-2014 09:11 AM
    The built in Music + Videos hub.
    On the main panorama (on any of the screens) press the ellipsis and select Search Store. :)
    04-01-2014 09:19 AM
    On the main panorama (on any of the screens) press the ellipsis and select Search Store. :)
    I know what you mean, but I really can't find it, I think it depends on where you live :(
    04-01-2014 09:25 AM
    I know what you mean, but I really can't find it, I think it depends on where you live :(
    I gave you directions for both the standalone app and the built-in hub.

Each has different behavior.

Mind posting a screenshot of what you see when you press the ellipsis from the main panorama screen?
    04-01-2014 09:37 AM
    I gave you directions for both the standalone app and the built-in hub.

Each has different behavior.

Mind posting a screenshot of what you see when you press the ellipsis from the main panorama screen?
    I only see "settings"
    04-01-2014 10:14 AM
    Multitasking in landcape view and better office suit similar to w8
    04-01-2014 10:21 AM
    I would love to see a feature that we can set a time range that the phone can be on do not disturb. Nothing more annoying than your phone waking you up because someone sent you a text or a reminder of someone's birthday and you forgot to put your phone on silent.
    04-01-2014 10:27 AM
    Save searches to contacts.
    Better attachment handling.
    Better video organization.
    Ability to save video messages to phone.
    Better alarm sounds.
    Better file handling.
    Better access to basic settings.
    Better NFC function.
    Built in FM radio transmitter, no need for headphones (Hardware on all WP 8.1 devices).
    04-02-2014 06:22 AM
    Windows Phone 8.1 is gonna rock! We have all the features which are going to be a part of new OS. But what is the left feature, other than those which are coming, you want..? Rply fast..!!
    The only thing I wanna see is removing limitations all the improvements in the OS it self are quite good and I don't want more than what I saw I just want removing limitations for apps developers should make apps more freely
    Last edited by Hoss98; 04-02-2014 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
    04-02-2014 09:08 AM
    Pulsing windows logo button for notifications!
    Talk4Lig and TLRtheory like this.
    04-07-2014 11:20 PM
    Standby breathing light as in symbian handsets as notification for missed calls,text messages...Hope Ms would implement it soon by blinking the windows home button..
    Thats the most wanted feature for me...
    Last edited by Conan143; 04-08-2014 at 11:25 AM.
    04-08-2014 06:13 AM
    Better vpn support. Only ikev2 is a bad joke
    ygtgngr likes this.
    04-15-2014 02:48 PM
    I would love to see a feature that we can set a time range that the phone can be on do not disturb. Nothing more annoying than your phone waking you up because someone sent you a text or a reminder of someone's birthday and you forgot to put your phone on silent.
    It's already in there... Called 'Quiet Hours'. I think you need Cortana to have this option. Looks interesting though. There are loads of neat touches in 8.1 that are not obvious on first use. Initially I didn't like WP 8.1, but after a few days, I have learned to accept the different ways of doing things. Starting to like it.
    Good job MS!!!!!
    04-16-2014 12:05 PM
    Here's a couple of little Features that would be nice to Add ...

1 - FlashLight when Notification arrives
    2 - LED when Notification arrives ( could also make the Windows Button turn on )
    3 - USB HID and Eventually USB Support ( not microUSB ) , to be able to print a document or copy files from the phones to USB Flash Drive directly ...
    4 - HDMI Support ???? I don't think it's supported for the moment.
    5 - Show Apps by Install Date , Most Used , etc ... In fact i don't know why this wasn't on WP8.1 , there have been a lot of complaints about it , and it should be easy to implement this feature ...

But Overall , it's a pretty good Update ( Except for The Music / Games Hub )
    04-16-2014 02:45 PM
126 ... 3456