WP8.1: What is the left feature which you want in WP8.1??

Neo Nuke

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I want some form of default multitasking fix for resuming apps. I'd like to choose apps from the start screen and if they were already running (may have to increase limit by a lot , like iPhone, even if only in a suspended, this-is-where-you-were-last placeholder) or launched within a reasonable time, to take me where I was at, vice launching the app and seeing the splash screen. It is only slightly less annoying than the "resuming" message but takes the same amount of time roughly. I'd also like for notifications improvement so that if I touch it, I get taken to that notification's pertinent section in the app.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I want some form of default multitasking fix for resuming apps. I'd like to choose apps from the start screen and if they were already running (may have to increase limit by a lot , like iPhone, even if only in a suspended, this-is-where-you-were-last placeholder) or launched within a reasonable time, to take me where I was at, vice launching the app and seeing the splash screen. It is only slightly less annoying than the "resuming" message but takes the same amount of time roughly. I'd also like for notifications improvement so that if I touch it, I get taken to that notification's pertinent section in the app.

Has been possible since 8.0. However, it's not the OS, but rather the app developer that decides how the app reacts. The default is to relaunch the app, but if the developer wants to, they can change it so it resumes where you left off.

Fast App Resume logic detailed

Christian Holmstedt

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 is gonna rock! We have all the features which are going to be a part of new OS. But what is the left feature, other than those which are coming, you want..? Rply fast..!!

An option to configure the Phone app itself.
I'd like the possibility to have the phone app open with a keypad just like a good old normal phone. Now it opens up with the call history.
(Don't tell me about how the people hub and all that works... I know that already).

anon(8542752)

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Wait for me!!!

I want a whatever .mp3 or .mp4 files which I download from any app to be save into music+video or SD card!!! And able to save into OneDrive!

We want a File Manager too!!

quanunited

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
actually, i fell very bad with lumia 925, at my country use bike for moving everyday, but my phone vibrate very weak, Black update it not improve vibrate, i can not few incoming call when i ride (vibate only), at my office, i can not vpn to my home server, remote desktop software for iOS, for android Microsoft supported, but winphone they are still not ? WTF ?
We are here discuss for winphone grow up, and hope Microsoft hear and change, if we are not have satisfaction, we need to change to other OS for some reason, some features on other OS can. Me, i will change to ios (iphone 5S) for vnp PPTP, and RDM supported by Microsoft. it can help me alot of thing, i'm not accepted winphone grow slowly. it will kill itself. Choose WP device is wrong at this moment.

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Left swipe Notification center ... Top-down slide looks like android.

So your saying WP should be different just for the sake of being different? There's no point in sacrificing functionality in an attempt to differentiate. Oh, lets move the virtual keyboard to the top because Android has it at the bottom/s.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos