WP8.1: What is the left feature which you want in WP8.1??

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Fair point, but I also find the tiles tiring to look at. Years ago, I did a short design course in how to avoid making users sick. According to what we were told, lots of animation in unrelated places is particularly stressful for users - our brains are attracted to movement and lots of different movement happening at once is certainly not relaxing. It's like having several lions attacking you at once. :)The large blocks of bright colours can also cause eyestrain.
I wouldn't say I have frequent headaches, but I'd really like to disable animations. It's pretty and all first 5 times, then it's just annoying.
So I'll add that to the wishlist: disable UI animations.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say I have frequent headaches, but I'd really like to disable animations. It's pretty and all first 5 times, then it's just annoying.
So I'll add that to the wishlist: disable UI animations.

Strongly agree. I would also like to make the screen less 'aggressive' - fewer sharp corners, harsh colours, etc.

Last edited:

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
No i said, i like left swipe notifications will be better, because its easier than top to bottom. Many devices have 4,5"> so one handed using will be imposible with top-down method. At least for me.

And yes, WP is different in many ways, tried something new (design, live tiles), so why not this ?

solidamber

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Separate media, notification and ring volumes.
received text reminder, ie tone every 5 min or the allowing of the OS to allow 3rd party apps to do the same.
signal strength and battery level permanently displayed.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
No i said, i like left swipe notifications will be better, because its easier than top to bottom. Many devices have 4,5"> so one handed using will be imposible with top-down method. At least for me.

And yes, WP is different in many ways, tried something new (design, live tiles), so why not this ?

Do tell me how you would get to the Action/Notification Centre in other apps with the left swipe hotlink..... besides it's less obvious if it's in from the left and it makes more sense if it's from the top - the status bar with the signal bars and time are already up the top, toast notifications already appear at the top, so why make the rest of it appear someplace else? It's just confusing for the general user :p

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Where is it then?
At the bottom of the screen for every section of the main panorama view other than Now Playing.

It attempts to search your collection first, and then gives an option to search for more in the store.

Correction: That is the behavior for the Collection section of the panorama. The Get Music section will search the store first.

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
At the bottom of the screen for every section of the main panorama view other than Now Playing.

It attempts to search your collection first, and then gives an option to search for more in the store.

Correction: That is the behavior for the Collection section of the panorama. The Get Music section will search the store first.
I can't find it :(

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean, but I really can't find it, I think it depends on where you live :(

I gave you directions for both the standalone app and the built-in hub.

Each has different behavior.

Mind posting a screenshot of what you see when you press the ellipsis from the main panorama screen?

Piratelooksat40

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see a feature that we can set a time range that the phone can be on do not disturb. Nothing more annoying than your phone waking you up because someone sent you a text or a reminder of someone's birthday and you forgot to put your phone on silent.

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Save searches to contacts.
Better attachment handling.
Better video organization.
Ability to save video messages to phone.
Better alarm sounds.
Better file handling.
Better access to basic settings.
Better NFC function.
Built in FM radio transmitter, no need for headphones (Hardware on all WP 8.1 devices).

Hoss98

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 is gonna rock! We have all the features which are going to be a part of new OS. But what is the left feature, other than those which are coming, you want..? Rply fast..!!

The only thing I wanna see is removing limitations all the improvements in the OS it self are quite good and I don't want more than what I saw I just want removing limitations for apps developers should make apps more freely

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo